Kellyanne Conway: killing peaceful protesters will help Trump win

I think that website is six months behind on posting because they can’t keep up.

8 Likes

it is called WTFJHT, what the fuck just happened today

2 Likes

Nothing artistic about that. You’re insulting real bullshit artists, like Andy Zaltzman.

2 Likes

I love how they are pushing this narrative that Trump will make you safer, when all of this is happening now under his watch. He can’t make you safer because he is actively making things worse.

A good leader would be reaching out on trying to find a peaceful solution, not doubling down on authoritarianism.

12 Likes

gAcBwId

This pretty much sums it up. Found on democratic underground.

29 Likes

how people think he was good on the economy when so many people were already having a tough time making ends meet is beyond me. not to mention things like this:

15 Likes

Her actual comments are included in the original post. No link needed.

She starts by quoting a “restauranteur from Wisconsin” as saying “Are you protesters trying to get Donald Trump reelected?” To get to the interpretation Xeni gives, one of the things you have to do is insert the word “peaceful” in front of the word “protesters.” While most protesters have been peaceful, that doesn’t describe all of them. I can understand how encouraging people to make that conversion can seem like a useful strategy if you’re interested in waging information warfare, but I think it probably backfires with a fair number of people.

I don’t hear Conway advocating killing protesters, peaceful or not, in the embedded video. There’s no question in my mind that Trumpism is built on cruelty and bloodlust. But the evidence for that isn’t in the video.

1 Like

But… the STOCK MARKET was booming! /s

11 Likes

If you don’t think that what they are saying is that killing protesters is what should happen here, then you’re really not paying attention nor are you well versed in the history of authoritarians and how they work. You don’t use the kind of dehumanizing language this administration has been using regularly and not expect deaths at the end. And they’re aware of that and are counting on it…

In fact, the police JUST arrested someone who DID kill protesters, 2, and he shot a total of 3 people… This is how right wing terrorism has been working for a while now. There are literally mountains of research about this issue, and how it’s a deliberate tactic that white supremacists have been employing for a long time now. Let’s not forget that one of the President’s primary speech writers is deeply in bed with these groups.

17 Likes

:wave: hey there, i’m the author of WTFJHT. you’re right! a book would be at least 6" thick by now.

and, hey, you might just get that opportunity purchase a copy… :wink:

30 Likes

But it is an accurate summary of her personal ideology, the policy of the Republinazi party, and the Traitor in Chief. Never forget folks, Trump is a Russian agent whose mission is to destabilize this county as much as he can. Chaos is not just his personal preference, it’s his chosen tool for carrying out the orders he gets from Moscow.

1 Like
18 Likes

I reserve the desire to 1st copy signed by you :grin:

Yep- your site was the one I was thinking of!

HOW THE FUCK ARE YOU STILL SANE?

No, seriously? You have to be on an incalculably high dose of weed or something to actually keep doing that site man, dead serious! Any normal person would be in a suicidally depressed coma when not frothing at the mouth from pure rage if they had to do your job everyday.

Please tell us your secret to avoiding the terrors

13 Likes

Thank you for pointing this out. Trump and his enablers are bad enough that we don’t need to stretch the truth to make points against them. And stretching the truth about how bad they are just gives people an out to dismiss any evidence the Trump administration’s depravity as more fake news. It also allows them to respond to allegations of Trump’s lies by saying that liberals lie, too. It’s a false equivalency to be sure, but why give them that opening, when the unvarnished truth is so powerful?

Trump. Wanting to maim and shoot border migrants. Allowing early-hit blue states to suffer under covid. Assuming KC – his WH advisor and one of his most embarrassingly slavish supporters – believed what she said, then Trump — who has demonstrated that he’d do anything to get re-elected — will welcome her advice.

10 Likes

11 Likes

As though they don’t do that already, constantly, on everything from COVID19 to global warming to evolution to whether Obama is a natural-born citizen. I’ll let others scold you about how the video is only not calling for protester deaths if you view it in a complete vacuum, ignoring everything else that’s known about Trump, current events and American racism, but please don’t act as though facts or honesty have ever mattered to Trump supporters. That’s giving them credit and credibility they absolutely have not earned.

13 Likes

OTOH, they are focusing first on those that actively resist.

You can probably avoid the worst of it personally, for a time at least, if you just keep your head down and go along.

If that’s the sort of thing that you find morally tolerable.

5 Likes

Yeah, this is what really gets me with the current Republican messaging. I keep seeing some variants of “This is what Biden’s America will look like” combined with… images of what’s going on, right now, in Trump’s America. (Although sometimes they have video from other countries, but only because they don’t seem to realize it wasn’t taken in the US or at least want people to think it was.) Or this, that Trump being ineffective in dealing with unrest, actively inflaming violence, even, somehow makes Biden look bad… I just don’t understand what the real message is here. Certainly they’re trying to say that Biden with his former prosecutor VP will be softer on crime than the criminal Donald Trump, but they also seem to be implying that current unrest would somehow be ubiquitous under Biden, I guess?

I notice the Republicans are still contextualizing the violence as it were the fault of anti-police-violence protestors. Either by implying/outright claiming it was perpetrated by BLM protestors, or by extreme victim blaming. Enough media outlets have been reporting the story - or at least writing headlines - to help this narrative, not making it clear who was the shooter and who the victims were, for example, simply lumping vandalism and violence together.

10 Likes

That’s the oddest thing about these new and infrequent commenters who always worry so much about what the opposition thinks - they always seem to be speaking from a place where its all merely some sort of esoteric thought experiment with no actual detrimental impact upon reality.

This isn’t debate club, it’s not a game, it’s not ‘politics as usual…’

For many of us it’s a fight to fucking exist…

27 Likes