Kellyanne Conway says media aren’t 'afraid enough'

Well, you know what they say. Misery loves company. Hint, hint.

6 Likes

It’s basically this, in word form

5 Likes

2 sizes 2 small

10 Likes

So what this guy is saying is the almost two decades of talking heads shrilly going BE AFRAID! TERROR! THE WORLD IS ENDING! PANIC! DO NOT THINK! PANIC! isn’t enough?!

1 Like

28 Likes

11 Likes

Irony so thick Sean Spicer could hide from the press in it.

10 Likes

“THERE ARE FOUR LIGHTS!” Captain Picard

4 Likes

She is worthy, don’t give up on her…

Note sarcasm…

7 Likes

Wait, did she just essentially say the same thing four different ways?

6 Likes

•There is no war in Ba Sing Se. It’s safe here.

4 Likes

It makes me wonder how many of Trump’s personnel (obviously Trump himself included) are incapable of introspection.

1 Like

tumblr_oe78xpcawv1tv6xlbo1_250

8 Likes

I’m old enough to remember when news stations reported the news and didn’t just have a parade of pundits going out there and opinionating (sic) and rendering their opinions and pontificating and conjecturing.

You know, she has a point there. I remember the nightly news. I would fight over watching it vs Doctor Who with my dad. They reported an event, mostly reporting the facts. They wouldn’t then cut to a panel who would give their reactions and opinions to it.

But, thanks to the 24 hr news shows now, they need to fill up time and so most of that time is pundits pontificating and conjecturing. Is it really doing anything to help educate or inform people? If you ask me it’s a way to introduce half-truths, lies, and biased/unbalanced opinions. I had to hang out at McDonalds for a few hours last night and what ever show was on basically spent 30 minute ridiculing ESPN. It is little wonder that fans of specific channels have a certain world view, I don’t think you can help not to by being bombarded with this shit.

In all honestly, I think they have helped polarize America as we see it today. It used to be Pepsi or Coke was a matter of taste, but now it is presented that not only is Pepsi superior in every way, but Coke drinkers are idiots who want to destroy America.

The ironic thing is that Conway is now the pontificating pundit she complains about.

7 Likes

Star Trek actually lifted that scene from Orwell’s 1984.

“Four.”

The word ended in a gasp of pain. The needle of the dial had shot up to fifty-five. The sweat had sprung out all over Winston’s body. The air tore into his lungs and issued again in deep groans which even by clenching his teeth he could not stop. O’Brien watched him, the four fingers still extended. He drew back the lever. This time the pain was only slightly eased.

“How many fingers, Winston?”

“Four.”

The needle went up to sixty.

“How many fingers, Winston?”

“Four! Four! What else can I say? Four!”

13 Likes

In her defence, she doesn’t has a waxed mustache to twirl.

4 Likes

The list of three might have been okay for every public speaker since the Greeks invented rhetoric, but this is Trump’s 'Merica, baby! Everything is bigger!

[quote=“RickMycroft, post:14, topic:106690, full:true”]
Any evidence that his birth was natural?
[/quote]elllll
Actually, Trump was adopted. They just neglected to tell the parents that his mother was some mutant cow from some ancient excavation site. It all makes sense now.

1 Like

Not surprised, as right-wing populists need fear to prop up their agenda. Everything must be a drumbeat of crisis, and only our Dear Leader can save us! The goal is to keep the amygdala, the lizard brain in control and turn off permanently all reason. No time for reason, the barbarians are at the gate! Be afraid! Be afraid!

Too bad life isn’t as bad as they wish it was.

5 Likes

Followed by Orange is the New White?

6 Likes