Kentucky lawmaker shoots himself after being accused of molesting teenager

Doesn’t your proposal require that the subject be situated for a Chapter 11 moral bankruptcy, with reasonable chance of continuing as a viable operation after reorganization; rather than having no visible alternatives to a Chapter 7?

The creditors aren’t going to be made whole either way; but unless restructuring is viable; you might as well liquidate.

1 Like

Unusual usage of those terms, but one of the contexts of ‘liquidate’ is defined as removal of life processes.

It would seem that he knew where he was going and decided to speed up the process a bit. He’s probably going to have to wait, though- I hear there’s a really long line at the entry gates of hell.

I agree with you on what the right thing would have been but there is no escape in killing oneself—only oblivion. Doing the right thing is now impossible and, as @Thermironic points out, that means that everyone currently feeling emotionally impinged by memories of his transgressions must find release and solace through some means other than confirmation of their sufferings through the perpetrator’s own confession.

1 Like

Everyone has to face death sooner or later. But publicly facing up to the harm you caused as a child molester? That’s hard.

5 Likes

It does seem that Johnson finally encountered something he feared more than death. I just hope his victim(s) find something at least as freeing as his confession and public shaming might have proven.

3 Likes

When you put it that way, well, I stand corrected. I was taking an awfully shallow view of the timeline involved in such proceedings. Exposure to countless episodes of Law & Order tend to promote the assumption of simplicity, when in real life, it’s often anything but.

Intentional or not, his apology by suicide is about as sincere as it gets, or would get, given the slime that he was in life.

This guy seems to have been an utter and complete shit.

Or at least resign, like Al Franken did. Oh, wait.

1 Like

I dunno, from his perspective, is that harder than giving up all that sweet underage trim he could of gotten in the future? On the other hand, think of all that sweet underage trim that won’t be molested now. :wink:

Granted I can’t speak for anyone else, but if it were my daughter this happened to, I don’t think I could help not feeling some satisfaction.

You would feel unsatisfied? Or did you use one too much negative?

I find that sentence hard to process, that’s all.

(Okay, fair enough.)

On the positive side, Dan Johnson’s actions speak to every future and current molester: ‘How are you going to face the people who love and trust you when your dirty little secret crawls into the light?’

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.