Kevin McCarthy failed to get House speaker votes. In fact, Hakeem Jeffries received more than he did

A bunch of (R) switched from Yea to Nay, they seem to think they’ve convinced Gaetz to vote for McCarthy.

One theory I’ve seen is he was promised chair of the armed services committee.

4 Likes

It’s weird that they allow that after the 15 minutes of official voting time is over but I guess nobody wants this to drag on any further.

4 Likes

Quite the unifying leader, that McCarthy.

8 Likes
28 Likes

Perfect book title!

12 Likes

Interesting. Everyone was talking about Gaetz making a last-minute deal but he just voted “present” again for the 15th vote. However a few other dissenters just switched to voting “present” so it looks like McCarthy finally has it wrapped up this time.

7 Likes

I wonder if Rogers is going to defect now though. Not sure if that will change the outcome.

ETA: I’m seeing elsewhere he didn’t defect. I’m surprised.

4 Likes

McCarthy just got it, 216 of 428.

6 Likes

So apparently he infuriated and alienated the vast majority of his own party for no obvious benefit beyond personal notoriety.

10 Likes

Woke up for milk and cookies and flipped on CNN, it’s 1:30am, he’s giving his acceptance speech.

He’s babbling about China, I flipped back to Little House.

I’ll read the recap later.

I did see this though.

U.S. Rep. Mike Rogers, R-Saks., had to be held back by one of his colleagues after confronting Rep. Matt Gaetz during the contentious 14th vote for U.S. House speaker Friday night.

3 Likes

He also made time to attack “wokeness” in schools, malign the FBI and announce that they’ll be investigating the “true” origins of the COVID-19 pandemic. So yeah it’s gonna be a shitshow.

16 Likes

Dark days ahead from the smarmy slimeball. He’s already summoning demons and calling for loyalty.

8 Likes

maybe by monday someone will already be challenging his speakership* it only takes one now ( apparently )

(* one can hardly call it leadership, that’s for sure. )

eta: meanwhile ■■■■■ is painting his walls with ketchup complaining how he only ever got one round of voting, and how is that fair mccarthy can keep the votes going until the win

6 Likes

A fitting end for Lord Dampnut

4 Likes

I see the first thing he did was fall all over the last guy.

And he thanked Gaetz for his support. Voting present is support?

I wouldn’t make a good politician because nothing makes sense and I’d be wandering around muttering wtf wtf wtf wtf…

6 Likes

I’d be too busy cursing idiots out. Rule 1 is don’t let sqlrob deal with customers or exec. I told a CFO that what they wanted done was fucking stupid before.

3 Likes

Done! I imagine we’re going to see a lot of absolutely horrible stuff coming from these people in the next two years.

8 Likes

Keanu Reeves Thank You GIF by NETFLIX

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.