Kim Jong-un stars in this Hollywood-style North Korea missile test propaganda video

Originally published at: Kim Jong-un stars in this Hollywood-style North Korea missile test propaganda video | Boing Boing

6 Likes

Yo Kim Bro, you been hitting the gym!
Got that “I’m the Dick in dictator” strut down.

6 Likes

Fun few seconds of them checking their watches and wondering where the missile is.

7 Likes

Thats dramatic removal of the sunglasses.
Sorry, but he is such a dork…

6 Likes

I know his generals and secret police and such get to live a lot better than your average N Korean, but is it all really enough if one has to always pretend this sorry dweeb and mediocre Large Adult Son is a super hero?

8 Likes

the future is fucking weird.

7 Likes

Wait, this is real? Kept expecting it to break into a music video.

6 Likes

Everyone knows t’s not the size of the missile that counts, it’ how you use it.

3 Likes

I think that they couldn’t afford the licensing deal for the correct sound track.

12 Likes

Is gym a slang word for some sort of deep fried korean food?

I think that’s mostly what he’s been hitting.

Can’t lie, that jacket looks super soft, it’s probably veal leather tho.

3 Likes

His military backing dancers’ uniforms look like they’ve come from David Lynch’s Dune, or, maybe, Thunderbirds.

8 Likes

The costuming department in his studios definitely know how to keep his favor.

5 Likes

Is the shirtless volleyball scene being kept for the DVD extras?

3 Likes

That giant Transport Erector Launcher vehicle is straight out of a Gerry Anderson show - although it would probably have exploded halfway through the video.

5 Likes

I was really disappointed that Kim Jong-un wasn’t pictured walking away from the launcher in slo-mo, as the rocket lifted off behind him.

3 Likes

I was kinda getting into it until the sunglasses came off. Then, pow!–once again he looked like Herbie Popnecker.

4 Likes

Definitely missed a trick there - especially if he had flicked a Zippo over his shoulder just before it blasted off.

4 Likes

I’m guessing that anyone who told him pointing at stuff like a toddler doesn’t actually look cool has been shot.

4 Likes

And now I am worried that Kim’s fellow bloated narcissist Boris Johnson will want a ludicrous 1980s slo-mo video of his own.

3 Likes

He learned pointing from the best.

8 Likes