Krispy Kreme has worked out a deal with the donut reseller

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/11/06/krispy-kreme-has-worked-out-a.html

6 Likes

Krispy Kreme

The only good part is the hole.

8 Likes

…so, what’s the catch?

5 Likes

z11

23 Likes

"We are going to help him achieve his goals, which include being debt-free when he graduates in 2021, in part by selling Krispy Kreme Doughnuts.

“We wish Jayson great success and we’re thrilled to help him achieve it by donating 500 dozen doughnuts when he re-starts his business.”

Translation: because we are a mega-corp, and it’s all we know how to do, we now own his donut-loving ass.

11 Likes

I think in this case the only catch is that they needed to undo the bad publicity they got from the story in the first place.

Well, that and reminding us that they can throw around life-changing amounts of money on a whim and we should prostrate ourselves to them.

20 Likes

I wonder if they provided some way to keep the donuts fresh.

3 Likes

I wonder. I totally understand the quality control angle. I know someone who used to work for New Belgium Brewery and this person’s job was to visit regional bars and restaurants to make sure the New Belgium beer tasted good. Draft lines needed to be cleaned on a regular basis and the product needed to be served at a specific temperature. If any business failed to adhere to those standards they were at risk of having the product pulled.

5 Likes

Quality control over the donuts ends when he buys them. After that it’s between him and his customers. They seem happy to pay a premium for second hand donuts.

2 Likes

exactly. the freshness is the only thing that makes Krispy Kreme doughnuts as good as they are. i’m surprised some local doughnut place didn’t step up and make some deal with him.

1 Like

And KK wanted a piece of that action! :rofl:

2 Likes

Diabetes?

2 Likes

So after making it clear that they would Crush him with their lawyers, they have no decided to be magnanimous and let him serve. Fuck. Them.

I wonder if there’s been any changes in the past 20 years? When I was a student, that 15-minute window when the “hot donuts now” neon sign was lit was crucial.

2 Likes

Nope, it is still the same. They are great just out of the big-ass-indrustrial-heat-thing, and every minute after that they get worse. Generally if that sign ain’t lit they aren’t worth eating. If the sign is lit? Maybe, maybe not.

“We wish Jayson great success and we’re thrilled to help him achieve it by donating 500 dozen doughnuts when he re-starts his business.”

What they don’t mention is that they’re planning to deliver all 500 dozen at once. Good luck, kid! MUAHAHAHAHA!

1 Like

You know somebody named Krispy Kreme?

2 Likes

Sounds nicer in Latin legalese.

No, diabeetus. Please do keep up.

1 Like

So, there’s this twitter feed that announces when people pass the (Wilford) Brimley/Cocoon line … 18,530 days old, aka the age that Wilford Brimley was when the movie Cocoon came out… aka a little less than 51 years. Even though I remember Brimley as a fairly old guy in that movie, he was younger than I am now.

Apparently Jennifer Aniston just crossed the Brimley/Cocoon line.