Kyle Rittenhouse boasts that he will attend Texas A&M University — but the school says nope

Originally published at: Kyle Rittenhouse boasts that he will attend Texas A&M University — but the school says nope | Boing Boing

7 Likes

I’m betting Liberty University would give him a slot. :woman_shrugging:

29 Likes

On the podcast, Rittenhouse detailed how excited he was to attend college with hopes to become a pilot.

Surely he can’t be that naive? No airline would hire a pilot with homicidal tendencies

36 Likes

Who’s willing to bet that he does a couple semesters at Uncle Jeff’s Bummfuck University, drops out, then runs for congress in some super red district and gets voted in by a landslide? Future leaders of America! cranks up gramophone, tinny trumpets begin playing ‘Hail to The Chief’

16 Likes

“Plus they apparently offer something called… *checks notes* ‘education’ ?”

ETA: oh I just saw the NBC snippet where he actually does express a desire to get an education… but still, that first quote definitely sounds like the words of somebody with non-intellectual priorities.

11 Likes

This might not be the most important part of the story about this unpunished murderer, but I’m betting he’s never been to TAMU.

I’ve spent some time on A&M’s campus and have ongoing collaborations with multiple faculty there. They have some good folks; all the TAMU people I’ve known with have been great to work with. But it is not a beautiful campus by any stretch of the imagination, and going to College Station for the food is lunacy.

25 Likes

Or “University” of Austin.

9 Likes

He’ll also claim in his campaign bio that he turned down a full ride scholarship at Texas A&M for ideological reasons because they wouldn’t reconsider their draconian “no guns allowed in the classrooms” rule.

21 Likes

so making stuff. Just the orange one.

2 Likes

be successful in life

How’s that going so far?

4 Likes

Delusional. Red Flag laws now.

9 Likes

Maybe Kyle can “go there”, but that doesn’t mean he’ll attend classes. They didn’t name the football field after you, Kyle.

It would be interesting to see him using the “nut squeeze” variation on “humping it” as a “yell leader”, though. Maybe he’ll sterilize himself, or maybe even die. :man_shrugging:

13 Likes

The admissions officials probably fear that he likes climbing towers.

13 Likes

His application essay must have been quite something, with all the comparisons of himself to Horst Wessel.

9 Likes

Made me wonder if he got TAMU mixed up with some other university. It’s not a bad campus, but definitely not beautiful.

9 Likes

I dunno. The folks who operate some of the budget airlines seems to be sociopaths themselves. And the pilot shortage is real.

The job is a lot less glamorous that a lot of folks assume, by the way. Many pilots are just barely getting by:

12 Likes

Just one more profession going down the drain of our neoliberal hellscape. Especially dangerously, in this case.

6 Likes

To be fair, half the kids in my class who went to college seemed more interested in the college experience than the education, at least at that point.

12 Likes

I’m wondering if he really believes Texas A&M has a flight school. Is that under Liberal Arts?

(Some commercial pilots are required to have a bachelor’s degree. Then…or meanwhile…attend flight school.)

8 Likes

I attended A&M in the late 80s, early 90s. There’s a few buildings that aren’t ugly. The Academic Building comes to mind, which is why you see that building in almost all the promotional material for A&M. The rest of campus…well…every building is a completely different architectural style. Most major universities attempt some sort of consistency or theme in their architecture, but not A&M. Also, coming from northern Illinois, Rittenhouse would find the weather in College Station to be oppressive. And you can’t shoot the weather.

17 Likes