Kyle Rittenhouse boasts that he will attend Texas A&M University — but the school says nope

trying best friends GIF by Hallmark Channel

15 Likes

wait…
have i been doing it wrong?

17 Likes

If he joined the Corps of Cadets, he could choose the Air Force branch, and there may be a way to get pilot training there? I’m not sure. Interestingly, Texas A&M University-Central Texas in Killeen does have a BS in Aviation Science: Professional Pilot. Maybe he’s going there.

13 Likes

100% online…

Humour Facepalm GIF

13 Likes

Next album title.

11 Likes

It would make sense with this guy, no?

5 Likes

The Air Force is still the main pipeline for airline pilots. Especially those who don’t have the money to pony up for flight school. But even they are facing shortages of pilots.

9 Likes

Killeen is ugly and the food terrible.

12 Likes

Did he think that if he announced he was attending, they’d be like “hell yeah, we’re Texans and we love shooting! Anybody who loves shooting is our boy! YEEHAH!” I mean, given that so far the universe has allowed murderboy to not only get away with murders, but allowed him to fail upward into RW grift, he might just figure he can wishboard any sort of new opportunity.

5 Likes

I’ve never been there, but I don’t doubt that.

5 Likes

It looks like he failed to monetize his 15 minutes of infamy when he had the best chance. Oh well.

Pity Party Whining GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

9 Likes

Thanks, I’ll be extra careful next time I’m in Florida and someone asks if I’d like to come over for a spell to shoot the breeze. :grimacing:

15 Likes

Well…

5 Likes

So, if he doesn’t fail, which is obviously my first hope, let’s at least have him do the full Cawthorn where he pisses off his party, they air every bit of dirty laundry they can possibly find, and he gets primaried after one term.

4 Likes

Is Patrick Henry still in business (and I do use business advisedly).

5 Likes

I mean I went to an excellent research university for a hard STEM degree, and my first two years were all about the college experience. Then once I sobered up from 3.5 semesters of party I actually got serious.

3 Likes

I wondered about this too.

Was it pure hubris that he just assumed he’d be able to walk in there and get admitted because people like him are never denied anything in their lives? Or had he already known he couldn’t get in for grades or for being a double-murdering psychopath and hoped this little PR stunt would get him in?

10 Likes

The entire purpose of the school is to put fascist Christians into government positions.

Like many Evangelical universities, it is a great school for rapists. As they do not take sexual assault allegations seriously and frequently punish victims for violating the “purity codes” of the school.

3 Likes

1.) Texas A&M’s admissions aren’t exactly the most selective. The general philosophy is usually to take everyone that’s competent and teach them all, rather than just taking the best and being proud when you turn out more of the same. Of all things to brag about, this is a pretty weird one, especially when it’s not been finalized yet.

2.) I’m breathing a sigh of relief, in Aggie, but never underestimate the administration & (Abbott-appointed) board’s ability to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory :roll_eyes:

4 Likes

Yeah, it always struck me as a more strident version of Hillsdale.

1 Like