Kyle Rittenhouse boasts that he will attend Texas A&M University — but the school says nope

Well, now he says it’s Blinn College. Community college in Brenham

ETA:

Blinn College spokesperson said the college Rittenhouse submitted his application on April 28, but he has not enrolled for a current or upcoming term at Blinn. The junior college is open enrollment

9 Likes

But I thought you could nuke tornadoes to make them go away?

3 Likes

Who the hell travels out of state to go to a community college?
I guess he thinks Texans are less likely to shun him as a little murdering sack of :poop:

12 Likes

"Now it’s time to go and get an education, get good grades, and be successful in life."

Isn’t that like the polar opposite of the very core of Trump’s base?

8 Likes

I swung through Collage station on the way home (in East hell Arizona) back in 2009 from spending a week back in the Chicagoland area. The only reason we made the detour was to meet a friend who moved there and to see the Bonfire Memorial.

3 Likes

If he believes that to be so because Texas is a state with the most guns, then – given the higher odds there of being shot – he may be in for a big surprise.

6 Likes

My brother?

BTW, he’s accepted the role of Dean of the College of Liberal Arts at Auburn University. He’s also presented scientific papers at Oxford. Ain’t no shame in attending junior college.

17 Likes

Many if not most of the people on the first two floors in the dorm at the JUCO I went to were from out of state on athletic scholarships.

6 Likes

Just goggled them. Yup. Why are they and Liberty in my adopted state? What’s up with VA?!?!?! At least Bob Jones is elsewhere.

7 Likes

You’re using the wrong gun.

14 Likes

Outside of NoVa, I’m convinced Virginia is far more South than Mississippi.

3 Likes

A job as Dean is far different from attending as a student. Nothing wrong with Junior Colleges. It’s just that their student base tends to be overwhelmingly local in nature.

2 Likes

I think that students who ultimately aim to go to a particular college might start out by enrolling in a community college near to their college of choice so that they can be sure that their credits will transfer over smoothly. I can definitely imagine that kind of situation arising pretty commonly.

6 Likes

Still seems a bit strange. I didn’t think proximity was a factor in transferring from a Junior College to a full University.

I went to a public university and virtually all the transfers went to a junior college close to their homes first. Many of these schools don’t have student housing, Blinn does. So, my perspective here is clearly limited.
Fair enough. I stand corrected in my assumption.

I still hope the school rejects Kyle as a moral and PR hazard.

3 Likes

I think you and I are showing our age. I’m likewise perplexed that someone would travel out of state and pay extra (if not in fees, certainly in rent) to go to a community college.

However, I do remember meeting a young student who told me that she was going to enroll at Santa Monica Community College instead of attending the local community college. (This would have been easily a 50+ minute commute in 1993.) She told me that SMCC had basically guaranteed its students a seamless transfer to UCLA. This was their big selling point.

10 Likes

That must bring great deal of comfort to the family and friends of the 2 people he murdered and the other that he maimed.

Jake Gyllenhaal Reaction GIF

14 Likes

They should reject him as a bloody safety hazard. Kyle’s famous for going out armed and looking for trouble, and he’s proven he will kill.

8 Likes

I thought he was going into, uh, medicine?

5 Likes

Oh, yeah! You mean you don’t remember that incident with the 737 and both the pilots were Aggies?

“Man, that was the SHORTEST runway that I have ever landed on”

“Yeah… But it sure is WIDE…”.

7 Likes

Speaking as a community college teacher it definitely can be helpful to attend a college that has explicit articulation/matriculation agreements with the university you plan on attending so you don’t have to wonder about which of your classes will be honored for transfer credit. It’s also helpful if the faculty & advisors are familiar with the degree programs offered at said university.

13 Likes