Kyle Rittenhouse found not guilty of killing two unarmed people

Now more gun toters will intimidate people who protest social injustice.
rapidfire

Huh? He did shoot first. And second, and third. WTF are you on about? Literally no one shot at Rittenhouse. He did all the shooting.

38 Likes

17 Likes

But he was scared! Someone tried to take his gun! He was being attacked! He was just trying to protect a car dealership that was vital to the community from rioters and looters! He was only there to provide expert medical attention!

(Big fucking /s in case it isn’t obvious.)

29 Likes

34 Likes

Just to clarify, we handed them the playbook (genocide, slavery, Jim Crow).

22 Likes

I feel like we really need to unpack this part more. The gun rights people keep telling us that we shouldn’t be scared of people just because they have guns, yet it’s accepted as a given that his life depended on preventing those protesters from getting their hands on his gun.

25 Likes

I going to say something that will not be popular:

Step away from this issue for a little bit, give a deep breath to yourself, take a walk, freshen up with some positivity. This shit is designed to keep us in agitation & destroy our souls, don’t let it consume you.

Off for a cup o mud and a little mindless conversation. Be well good people, be good to yourselves.

48 Likes

The judge is an idiot.

“I couldn’t have asked for a better jury to work with, and it has truly been my pleasure,” Schroeder said after 12 jurors entered not guilty verdicts Friday, acquitting Rittenhouse of all five charges against him.

6 Likes

The judge is not an idiot. The judge is corrupt scum. I really wish he could face consequences for this, because I am worried he is going to have more blood on his hands than Rittenhouse does.

28 Likes

To be extra clear, I am not defending him and think he was there looking for trouble and should be guilty of multiple charges (note that he also violated bail to go out to a bar and flash white power symbols)…

…but the videos showed that the first murder happened immediately after someone fired a shot into the air, the second happened after someone tried to grab his gun (after he was chased by others), and the third person shot admitted to the court that he was only shot after pointing his gun at rittenhouse.

If not for that first stray shot the “fear” defense is non-existent. That appeared to have lit the fuse to his incredibly stupid dynamite…

4 Likes

sage advice, comrade.
happy hour approacheth and it is Friday, so zoom with dear brother. martinis will flow.
maybe some tears, too.

15 Likes

I really hope the vengeful god they claim to believe in actually exists and treats them accordingly.

23 Likes

This does seem to be going a bit better. I don’t think the shooter did himself any favors by taking the stand and the judge seems much more even handed than the judge in the Rittenhouse case. Still, the fact that they are allowing the use of a now stricken citizens arrest law (which dates back to the antebellum period) is worrisome. It gives the jury an out.

Election 2016 GIF by The Late Show With Stephen Colbert

He’s the only one who shot. The guy who was injured, but not killed had a gun and did not use it.

Rittenhouse can fly?

Hands can shoot bullets?

Pointing a gun is shooting a gun?

20 Likes

30 Likes

There’s no guarantee of safety in carrying a gun. There’s at least a partial guarantee of safety in living in a society which punishes those who shoot people.

7 Likes

Again, no one shot at Rittenhouse. No one.

18 Likes

I didn’t say anything about flying, hands shooting bullets, or that pointing a gun is shooting!

All I said is that rittenhouse didn’t shoot first, which is right there in the videos. Someone randomly shot into the air and the wannabe GI Joe freaked out and murdered 2 people. I am not defending him, I was just pointing out that the person randomly shooting in the air is likely why the jurors decided the twerp was justifiably scared for his life (which I don’t agree with).

1 Like

He killed two people. No one shot at HIM. That’s just flat out bullshit.

16 Likes

I didn’t say anyone shot at him! the defense was that he didn’t know where the shot came from, someone chased him, and he panicked. I’m restating parts of the trial. I don’t at all think it was OK, but a lot of people do, and that’s why.

2 Likes