Larry Kudlow warns against "plant-based beer" and Schumer wittily responds

Wow, They can make Beer from plants now??!?!

Idiot

18 Likes

That’s the last straw! Why, how wood they even do that?

-Signed, the 1st two piggies

9 Likes

Slippery slope. I hear they’re going to make us use plant-based anvils, and iron isn’t even from animals.

8 Likes

hey, if they want to only drink meat-based beer, that’s just more plant-based beer for me.

11 Likes

Dang, it’s sold out.

4 Likes

And it’s not like those grow on trees.

11 Likes

Mock him all you like, but you ain’t taking away Cock Ale.

6 Likes

Drink beer and eat grilled Brussels sprouts? Don’t threaten me with a good time. That last thing about the flag, though, maybe not so much. Not until I feel a little better about things. Meaning, a lot fewer Republicans in power.

8 Likes

You get arrested by the Vegan Police like Todd Ingram did, although forgetting to proclaim is a misdemeanor unlike Todd’s offenses.

And what was Chuck Schumer thinking, does he believe hops and barley grow on trees? /s

2 Likes

Interesting. That seems like a possible contravention of “a little chicken soup never hurt anybody”.

2 Likes

The idea that beer might not be plant-based is still a lot smarter than trickle-down economics or the Laffer curve.

7 Likes

Reminds me of the SNL Blue-cheese wine cooler commercial…

5 Likes

Someone please order me a Meatweiser!

6 Likes

Who the hell is Larry Kudlow and why does he think his opinion matters?

9 Likes

Sorry, we’re out. Would you settle for a SkittleBrau?

2 Likes

I’m reminded of Marjorie Taylor Qbert recently saying that she had received AOC’s 14-page Green New Deal document and after she read it, she’d be debating AOC about it. To which I could only reply: LOL to all of it. She’s spent a good part of her career by criticizing something she now admits she hasn’t read, AOC will obviously never lower herself to debating Qbert, and there’s no way Qbert will ever read it, because there’s no way she wants to debate the merits of the plan - she only wants to generate outrage by attacking falsehoods she’s invented, it’s much, much easier.

In general, the modern right absolutely doesn’t want to have good-faith discussions, but especially about climate change, so making up crazy shit is the only strategy.

12 Likes
13 Likes

I suppose you could count scrumpy as being a not-entirely-plant-based cider, since traditionally little concern was shown over the occasional worm the scrounged apples might contain (not talking about any commercially-made “scrumpy” which how can they call that when it contains no stolen um, “found” fruit?).

1 Like

Primus Sucks!

2 Likes

I think that Americans, and aldo first and former second world countries should eat less animal-based protein, is for health issues like obesity, type II diabetes and cardio circulatory problems.

1 Like