Late Stage GOP Fascists Events 🖕🏾🍊🤡 (Part 3)

Sanders memorably admitted lying to reporters about internal opposition to the FBI director, James Comey, during the investigation of Russian election interference in 2016 and links between the former president and Moscow.

She told the New York Times it “bothers me” to be called a liar, “because one of the few things you have are your integrity and reputation”.

“There’s a difference between misspeaking or not knowing something than maliciously lying,” she added.

Huckabee Sanders was elected in Arkansaslast November, following her father, Mike Huckabee, into the governor’s mansion. She began her time in power with a flurry of executive orders on culture war subjects.

One banned use in state documents of the word “Latinx”, which one proponent has defined as “a gender-neutral term to describe US residents of Latin American descent”.

Another order banned the teaching of critical race theory in public schools. Critical race theory is an academic discipline that examines the ways in which racism operates in US laws and society. It is rarely taught below college level but Republicans have enthusiastically and successfully used it as a wedge electoral issue.

13 Likes

the GOP’s optimistic vision for the future

Pedro Laughing GIF by Brand MKRS creative agency

18 Likes

This is what happens when you ban books, guys. This is a preview of the education system in Ron DeSantis’s Free State of Florida

I don’t guess I’m exaggerating (and I don’t think I’m the 1st) to point out that, in FL, brandishing a gun (& for that matter, using it to kill an unarmed teenager) is OK, but brandishing a book is felonious.

17 Likes

Expanding rural broad band you say?

10 Likes

No, it’s “broad Brand,” see. Wouldn’t think DeSantis would be a fan.

Reaction GIF

11 Likes

A new report

16 Likes

More than half of LGBTQ+ parents surveyed considered moving out of Florida because of the bill.

21 Likes

Imagine wanting to take credit for that trash fire

15 Likes
11 Likes

19 Likes

As I mentioned in another thread George Santos would have been 22 at the time that Spider-Man: Turn Off the Dark (the most expensive Broadway show in history) was produced. Even Hollywood kid genius Orson Freaking Welles was never entrusted with a responsibility like that.

14 Likes

Hmm. Maybe the people involved would be willing to give him the “credit” for that?

He could be the Alan Smithee of disastrous stage productions!

10 Likes

Go fuck yourself.

20 Likes

tina fey eye roll GIF

10 Likes

In a state that is weighted towards Boomers, who are nearly 100% of the supporters of symphonic orchestras, this seems like it might be the move that comes back to bite him in the butt.

14 Likes

So, South Carolina and New Hampshire aren’t rural enough for Grassley?

15 Likes

But they’re not REAL rural, which is apparently ONLY real in the whitest of states…

15 Likes

Without the Dem caucuses at the same time- it’s going to be a nonstop hate fest.

The NYT will cover “regular Americans” at militia rallies instead of diners.

17 Likes

Iowa: 89.09% white (2020 census)
New Hampshire: 91.98% white (only Vermont and Maine next door surpass that…whitest part of the country*)

• Oops: West Virginia is just slightly whiter than New Hampshire, but not the other two New England States.
14 Likes

Oh god… that’s true…

Oh No Mood GIF by Saturday Night Live

I wish seeing that would give people pause, but the media will downplay it…

True, but SC is not so white, and is pretty rural. He’s clearly defining “real” rural as being largely white states…

14 Likes