Late Stage GOP Fascists Events 🖕🏾🍊🤡 (Part 3)

Seuss Estate: We’re going to cease further publication of an old Seuss title that includes 1930s-era racial stereotypes.

Conservatives: This is an outrage! The woke crowd has gone too far! They’re censoring Dr. Seuss now??

Seuss Estate: We’re going to continue publishing “The Sneetches,” a 1961 allegory about the absurdity of groupthink and bigotry.

Conservatives: You MONSTERS!

26 Likes

I hinted this in a different thread, but I would postulate that definitive proof of God’s existence would end Christianity. With certainty, faith is extinguished. Evidence and belief are mutually exclusive. IMO.

11 Likes

Reminds me of this bit of dialogue from Constantine:

10 Likes

pRoTecT tH3 cH1ldR3n!!! /s

13 Likes

They’ll need extra watching over as they transition into adulthood with two or three missing fingers. :confused:

16 Likes
19 Likes

Absolutely sickening.

:expressionless: :disappointed:

18 Likes

That horrid excuse for a human being needs to STFU, already.

15 Likes

I know it’s legal CYA, but Boebert didn’t “appear” to pray for Biden’s death - what the fuck else could “Let his days be few” really mean? There’s just the teeny, tiniest fig leaf there of “Oh, I meant let his days in office be few of course” but c’mon… that is definitely not what the bible passage she’s quoting means:
It’s a straight-up death curse

Hell, in some translations of the bible that verse reads “Let his life be cut short, and let another man replace him as leader.”

17 Likes

Well it certainly seemed like he did a great job keeping Margiewise calm

11 Likes

Theories. Like gravitational theory, germ theory, electromagnetic theory, quantum theory, and so on.

Cary Elwes Disney Plus GIF by Disney+

15 Likes

The opposite of faith is not doubt, but certainty. Certainty is missing the point entirely. Faith includes noticing the mess, the emptiness and discomfort, and letting it be there until some light returns.

-Anne Lamott

9 Likes

Fixed it:

Speaker McCarthy on how GOP will behave in chamber at SOTU tonight. "We’re howler monkeys flinging feces. We have a no code of ethics of how we should portray ourselves, no one knows what we’ll do. I’ll be on camera denying facts and wishing my clowns would just shut their pieholes.

11 Likes

And then, when he began to talk about future areas of potential cooperation, Republicans went feral. They heckled, catcalled, and booed, ignoring House speaker Kevin McCarthy’s (R-CA) attempts to shush them. At the State of the Union, in the U.S. Capitol, our lawmakers repeatedly interrupted the president with insults, yelling “liar” and “bullsh*t.” And cameras caught it all

( from heather cox richardson )

also, i love how that simple act by pelosi burrowed its way into his brain and how it has - apparently - lived there ever since :heart:

11 Likes

Failed anti-LGBTQ+ Arizona gubernatorial candidate Kari Lake (R) agreed with far-right conspiracy theorist Stew Peters as he bashed trans people and drag queens.

“I don’t know how much longer the people can take it,” Lake said after Peters decried “this transgender freak show craze that’s happening in front of kids.”

“I mean, tra**y freak shows in front of kids they’re inviting to these things,” Peters continued. He also criticized “racist, poisonous CRT [critical race theory] in our schools” and said “people are concerned about the future and the safety of their children.”

Peters also claimed members of the religious right are doing all they can to avoid “violence and bloodshed” but that it’s becoming impossible.

“I just don’t know how long a dog can be poked before it comes out of the corner and just starts biting,” he said. Lake agreed.

20 Likes

What bullshit! Their approach to stopping violence (when they’re not pouring gasoline and handing out matches) is more like this:

season 8 beatnik GIF

21 Likes

They conflate two very different groups of people, of course. But it doesn’t matter- they have enough violence for both. Well; when they come for me - it won’t go well for them.

19 Likes

Gives me ‘look what you made me do’ vibes. Typical abuser BS.

23 Likes
19 Likes

Excuse Me Wow GIF by Bounce

17 Likes