Late Stage GOP Fascists Events ๐Ÿ–•๐Ÿพ๐ŸŠ๐Ÿคก (Part 3)

because trans care is not โ€œdeeply rooted in this countryโ€™s history and tradition,โ€ it can be banned.

Right? Stick to traditional remedies like ultrasound, open heart surgery, joint replacements and antibiotics, just like the Founding Fathers had !

</s>

5 Likes

What are nonenforceable are the crap garbage kind that food-chains and such try to stick basic employees with for defacto indentured servitude. In return, the employee gets nothing, which breaks basic contract law.

A real non-compete is for key employees, and has things like where if the person gets an offer from a company that the previous employer isnโ€™t happy with, they have to offer equivalent compensation to not work. Plus other things mentioned in the article.

Very expensive, plus it would have to be in their existing Twitter contract. Musk couldnโ€™t retroactively add it, or force them to agree to it as part of the termination process. And since heโ€™s not even paying out termination money, oh wellโ€ฆ

7 Likes

Those kinds of noncompetes donโ€™t really happen except in extremely rare circumstances, because prospective employees cannot be compelled to accept any noncompete as a term of employment. That alone makes noncompetes virtually nonexistant in California.

8 Likes

Still doing their Weโ€™re-the-party-of-Lincoln-so-we-canโ€™t-be-racist! routine?

8 Likes

Itโ€™s almost as if letting the prisoners run the prison is a bad idea.

6 Likes

People with student loans can vote? Whoโ€™s responsible for that?! /s

10 Likes

โ€œOur first time going out together, he wanted to see me so bad, and I was like, โ€˜Iโ€™m going to be at a gay club tonight,โ€™โ€ she said. โ€œDon shows up to the gay club. My assistant brings him, and Iโ€™m talking about, this is one of the biggest gay parties in New York. Itโ€™s a huge fโ€”ing club and everybody is in a G-string or less. I was just in my soul, like, โ€˜Thereโ€™s no way that the man that Iโ€™ve seen suited up for the past couple months is going to show up here to see me in this lovely land that I get to be in,โ€™ and he did.โ€

Oโ€™Day added that her assistant told her Trump Jr. โ€œwas very comfortableโ€ and โ€œtotally chill and nice with everybodyโ€ at the event.

โ€œI mean, I looked at his Instagram for the first time in years the other night and saw all kinds of jokes kind of belittling the gay community, transgender women, etcetera,โ€ she said, referring to Trump Jr.'s recent social media posts that included body-shaming images of trans star Dylan Mulvaney and mockery of pronoun usage. โ€œI thought to myself, โ€˜Man, you were super comfortable in that gay club.โ€™โ€

She continued, โ€œIn fact, so comfortable that we ended up going to the bathroom and, for the first time, had sex in a gay club bathroom. I had Spanx going from my throat down to my knees because I was suited up for some press or whatever we were doing that day, and I wanted to be extra tight and skinny. He could not get these things off for the life of him, so we literally found a way to work around them, and for the rest of our relationship, he called me Spanky because of these Spanx.โ€

3 Likes

Schitts Creek Eww GIF by CBC

7 Likes

the simpsons eye GIF

7 Likes

All the PUA stuff about how the secret to having sex is to be a disgusting misogynist who openly treats women like sex dispensers rather than fellow humans is harmful nonsenseโ€ฆbut stories like this about the Trumps do give me an idea of how someone could fall for it. :face_exhaling:

5 Likes

oh boy GIF

4 Likes

10 Likes
3 Likes
3 Likes
3 Likes

Sarah Vowell wrote about the ridiculous yet ubiquitous phenomenon of people inappropriately comparing themselves to Rosa Parks over two decades ago. Honestly surprised it took Santos this long to get there.

7 Likes

People do want to kick him out of his seat, but other than that, no.

12 Likes

a cosmopolitan socialite famous for being famous (being the son of a wealthy Ecuadorian businessman probably helped, too). Now, as a Florida state representative known for pushing anti-LGBTQ policies, he is being accused of sexual harassment by two male former staffers.

On Thursday, the Miami Herald reported on the lawsuit, which said Basabe made repeated sexual comments and advances towards a legislative aide and an intern. The suit detailed accusations including Basabe nonconsensually slapping the aideโ€™s butt while at an elementary school career day, and groping and trying to kiss a Florida State University graduate student before then going on to hire him as an intern.

3 Likes
4 Likes

Of course he does.

7 Likes