Late Stage GOP Fascists Events πŸ–•πŸΎπŸŠπŸ€‘ (Part 3)

Thanks SCOTUS :fu:

5 Likes

Any bets that the customers asking for pronouns are just as real as the gay couple in the SCOTUS case?

16 Likes

Possibly. Easy free advertising for bigots.

11 Likes

Yeah, it seems unlikely that someone with that attitude has trans clients, but since it was all about pronouns rather than plain bigotry, they get to be the victims of their own story.

12 Likes

and honestly, how often does the person who cuts your hair use a pronoun other than β€œyou.”

14 Likes

Well, I do still cut my own hair…

9 Likes

It must depend on where you get your hair done, because in the past that has been my experience. However, the salon I’m currently going to is much different. The employees all talk with each other and I hear so many she/her’s in reference to me while I’m there.

5 Likes

don’t they know this is how unions start!? sure, a little talking seems like a good idea. at first. but it’s a slippery slope. β€œhave you seen my clippers?” can quickly become β€œvive la rΓ©volution ouvriΓ¨re!” :wink:

yeah, that makes total sense. i’m used to a barbershop. i can see a salon would be a different situation.

like so many of these things, if a business owner can’t treat customers well: they need to stop working with the public.

12 Likes

https://archive.ph/Zt8f6

They’re starting to go after the race neutral measures to try and address discrimination now.

7 Likes

And then, when Trump loses, he’ll claim the trial has to wait until after the 2028 presidential election he would obviously run in
Provided he lives that long

8 Likes

The odds are NOT in his favor.

10 Likes

don’t worry. youre allowed to read certain approved material once you’re old enough to vote.

5 Likes

Working as intended; an illiterate populace is an easily controlled populace.

11 Likes

This is something I don’t understand. Why would a trans woman object to she/her pronouns? Isn’t being accepted as a woman kind of the point? Or at least part of the point?

(Please don’t everybody jump all over me or have me modded out of existence for this. It’s a sincere question. I want to understand, I just don’t at the moment.)

5 Likes

It’s pretty clear (to me, at least) that was a legit inquiry; not β€˜Just Asking Questions.’

10 Likes

As a trans woman, I enjoy hearing she/her. I was responding to a post questioning the use of pronouns other than β€œyou”.

10 Likes

Sorry, I wasn’t necessarily saying you were objecting. The discussion is what prompted me to finally ask, maybe I should have replied to @gatto instead. :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Season 2 Time GIF by American Gods

world cup football GIF by Celcom

9 Likes

Word; that day cannot come soon enough.

7 Likes
10 Likes