Late Stage GOP Fascists Events πŸ–•πŸΎπŸŠπŸ€‘ (Part 3)

Hopefully β€œgod” starts with Alex Jones first…

11 Likes

The disclaimer detracts from your entirely valid and genuine question, IMO.

8 Likes

I’ve been misunderstood before, I was just trying to head it off at the pass.

5 Likes

No, I understood that, but this is how a lot of our JAQing off gentleposters phrase their β€œquestions.” It does raise a few hackles. No issues with your question, though.

12 Likes
7 Likes

I’ll answer your question. Not all of us are strictly women. I’m very femme, and typically present as a woman, but I only partially identify as one (i.e. demigirl). I use she/her because it’s something cishet people are comfortable with, but I much prefer fae/faer. Many in my position don’t like she/her at all so using that is misgendering them.

11 Likes

TIL. β€œThere are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy” I know I beat my clouds and boxes analogy into the ground, but this is that in action. You rock!

13 Likes

Thank you. This is the first time I’ve heard of fae/faer; I don’t know any trans folk personally. I mean, I’m aware of some here, including your fine self, but I don’t really know all y’all. I guess it would be best to just ask what they prefer as early as possible.

13 Likes

Yep, that’s the best way to do it!

16 Likes

Thanks for posting this. I really do appreciate the amount of patience you must have. I will do my best to remember to use these pronouns with you.

12 Likes

I decided to go with both sets because if I got annoyed by people not using fae/faer, I’d be annoyed basically every day of my life. I mostly don’t even tell anyone about my real pronouns because any time I have in a non-queer space, I get looked at like I’ve got three heads or something. So I definitely appreciate the effort! :purple_heart:

13 Likes

At the risk of a derail- @AnnaTheWeird, does this grammar post seem accurate to you?

I can totally see the appeal of fae/faer. Not for me, of course, but I love the way they sound.

13 Likes
7 Likes

That’s spot on. I first heard them not long after coming out and was like β€˜omg that’s meee!’ :grin:

10 Likes

well, it is possible you might.

not everybody is out because not everybody feels safe. and, that includes people who have transitioned ( in whatever sense ) and those people who have not.

13 Likes

She’s going to get herself kicked off Fox eventually too. Maybe she can put on a show in her backyard? Wonder if she blew through all her money?

13 Likes

7 Likes

Just fine with fascists, though.

14 Likes

This is coming from people who theoretically built entire careers around respect for the written word? Wowza.

16 Likes

Then they can’t serve on the Library Commission.

13 Likes