Late Stage GOP Fascists Events πŸ–•πŸΎπŸŠπŸ€‘ (Part 3)

Thread, excellent thread. :thread:

Also mentioned in thread:

17 Likes

Let’s go, Brandon.

13 Likes
8 Likes

Wow. Dissed by Vanilla Ice.

Word to your mother, McClosky.

13 Likes

I never thought I would see the day when I would say β€œgood on ya, Rob Van Winkle.”

No word from the Ying Yang Twins, though?

11 Likes

Angry Mae Whitman GIF by Disney Channel

21 Likes

nervous high school GIF

13 Likes

Rage GIF

18 Likes
17 Likes

Most of the old anti crossdressing laws were overturned on first amendment grounds. I think in Florida too.

The level of review required for restrictions on clothing is strict scrutiny- they have to show the highest level of governmental interest to prevail. And that interest can’t just be to restrict expression.

During the drafting of the Constitution they considered sumptuary laws - laws that restricted clothing - but did not include them. The Founders intent was to not restrict freedom of expression in clothing. I think George Mason wanted to restrict it.

Legal historian Katrina Rose - a lawyer with a doctorate in history- had written more law review articles on trans legal history than anyone who I can think of - but remains not well known. Because she’s a Cassandra and some in national orgs tried to silence her.

Edit:
First google result on Georgie Boy.

β€œAnd when America’s statesmen met in Philadelphia in 1787 to draft a constitution, a Virginia delegate, George Mason, urged that Congress have the right to enact sumptuary laws, arguing that a democracy could require β€œmanners” from its constituents not in order to keep people from distinguishing themselves by appearance, but to guide them toward appropriate conduct.β€œ

16 Likes

Cassandra?

6 Likes

In Greek mythology Cassandra was the daughter of Priam, the king of Troy. She was cursed with the gift of prophesy with the twist that none of her prophecies would ever be believed by others. So a β€œCassandra” is someone who is regularly dismissed as a crank despite being correct in their predictions and proclamations.

15 Likes

She called the whole Christian nationalist takeover and legal mechanisms they’d use 20 years ago.

And got shived by queer orgs for it.

16 Likes

The GOP has been visiting him for years, it’s only fair that he returns the favor.

11 Likes

There is absolutely no reason to allow him to enter the country.

14 Likes

There isn’t. The Netherlands and in particular their capital, maybe?

9 Likes

To stake him out to be devoured by a swarm of ravenous slugs?

9 Likes

:roll_eyes:

17 Likes

Leeches.
Maybe leeches?

Fire ants?
I have plenty here. Let me know.

10 Likes

You seem to be confusing Amsterdam with The Hague. But good idea as such.

5 Likes