Late Stage GOP Fascists Events ๐Ÿ–•๐Ÿพ๐ŸŠ๐Ÿคก (Part 3)

Right! Really I was confusing the capital with the seat of the government, but the end result is the same, heโ€™s going to be late for his trial. :sweat_smile:

6 Likes
20 Likes

utter wanker.

no surprise there.

11 Likes
10 Likes

Brady Bunch K GIF

โ€ฆjanโ€ฆ jaredโ€ฆ

14 Likes

I wonder how many memoirs we can expect from former Trump administration officials trying to salvage their reputations by trying to frame themselves as the lone voice of reason whose calm council helped avert even worse disaster.

Of course in this instance it probably would have been better for the nation if Trump had gone after Fox News and alienated the network before the GOP primary.

20 Likes

Season 2 Nbc GIF by Manifest

Yeahโ€ฆ I do wonder if a figure like Trump was inevitable, to some degree. He was not the only radicalizing figure in the GOP. The extremists have been working to take over the GOP since at least the 80s (Reaganโ€™s backing by the Moral Majority and the white supremacist underground working to look more โ€œrespectableโ€ and running as Republicans). Theyโ€™ve been weaseling their way in for a while, and Trump just managed to be their most effective mouth piece. I think thatโ€™s in part because he already had name recognition. He managed to bridge the culture warrior side with the supply-side most effectively since Reagan.

anyways, I hate this timelineโ€ฆ

Bobby Moynihan No GIF by Saturday Night Live

20 Likes
12 Likes

I owe you aโ€ฆ

8 Likes
12 Likes

โ€œWeโ€™ve been educating ourselves about elections,โ€ Hayden told the gathering. โ€œIโ€™ve sent my detectives through โ€” Iโ€™ve got a cyber guy. I sent him through to start evaluating whatโ€™s going on with the machines.โ€

Oooh, โ€œa cyber guyโ€, and letting him touch anything would be all kinds of legal and security violations.

10 Likes

GOP wants to replace the US Constitution. Theyโ€™re more than halfway there.

Republicansโ€™ next big play is to โ€˜scare the hell out of Washingtonโ€™ by rewriting the Constitution. And theyโ€™re willing to play the long game to win.

Analysis: Some Republicans Want a New Constitution

8 Likes
16 Likes
16 Likes

fuck my life bang head GIF

16 Likes
13 Likes

that has been the goal of the Cock Koch bros for decades.
yup. long game.

9 Likes

https://trashpanda-x.github.io/darklantern/#Citizens%20for%20Self-Governance

5 Likes

A bakery in a Chicago-area suburb that has been the target of vandalism and harassmentdue to a planned family-friendly drag event has now been ordered to stop hosting public events.

In a video posted to Facebook over the weekend, UpRising Bakery and Cafรฉ owner Corrina Sac said that she had received a letter from Village of Lake in the Hills officials threatening fines and the revocation of her business and liquor licenses if she continues to host events.

15 Likes
5 Likes