Late Stage GOP Fascists Events ๐Ÿ–•๐Ÿพ๐ŸŠ๐Ÿคก (Part 3)

tl;rd: Republicans have been screaming about Google sending their money spam to the spam folder. It turns out that their spam provider is shit at their job.

The article doesnโ€™t go into detail, but it sounds like Rubioโ€™s spamming operation didnโ€™t set up a DKIM/DMARC authentication setup. I know this is plaguing lots of folks. Hell, itโ€™s something weโ€™ve had to deal with at Techdirt after we realized that Google was sending a lot of our emails to spam. But, rather than whine about โ€œbiasโ€ against us, we explored the details and figured out how to fix our email configuration.

10 Likes

makes sense. these are the same group of people who believe they are owed twitter accounts, newspaper columns, book deals, university speaking gigs, and top search rankings

they probably think google should be paying them for the privilege of receiving their emails

8 Likes

โ€ฆfor how long? You just know after the legal drama is over heโ€™ll do a 180.

20 Likes

Seems like they have to put it in the ruling that he cannot go back on air and start lying about Sandy Hook all over again; and I donโ€™t even know if thatโ€™s possible, legally.

18 Likes

Holy shit what a bunch of morons hahaha

21 Likes

Wow. As was brought up in the thread, how 'bout forwarding those onto the Jan6 committee? That would be fun!

19 Likes

excited hell yeah GIF

17 Likes

How does that even happen? Am I the only one who doesnโ€™t have random images of their phoneโ€™s storage lying around? Did they at some point consider handing it over only to decide against it later? That would raise its own questions.

6 Likes

Happy Star Trek GIF

9 Likes
13 Likes

On election day, several voters told Bridge Michigan why they were voting to defund the library.

โ€œWe donโ€™t need to see those books out front,โ€ said Sarah Johnson, who voted to defund. โ€œWeโ€™re all for the library. I use it. We want to make a statement that we want some say in the books.โ€

โ€œThey are trying to groom our children to believe that itโ€™s OK to have these sinful desires,โ€ said Amanda Ensing, one of the organizers of the library defunding movement. โ€œItโ€™s not a political issue, itโ€™s a Biblical issue.โ€

Bizarrely, many of the people who voted to cut most of the funding to the library said they donโ€™t believe it should close. Ensing even said that she wanted the vote to be a โ€œwake up callโ€ to the library to get rid of the few LGBTQ books that it has.

โ€œThey can ask for a millage again,โ€ she said.

Gift Middle Finger GIF by Birthday Bot

18 Likes

Well done. Way to ensure there is language that allows an easy 1A challenge of the move and justification for a court order to ensure extra funding for LGBTQ books!

18 Likes
10 Likes

Floridaโ€™s anti-LGBTQ Gov. Ron DeSantis (R) has suspended Andrew Warren, the elected Democratic state attorney for Hillsborough County, after Warren pledged not to enforce laws prohibiting gender-affirming care for transgender youth and prosecuting people who aid, abet, or receive an abortion.

DeSantis said that, in choosing not to enforce these laws โ€œbased on his personal agenda,โ€ Warren violated his oath of office. DeSantis appointed Hillsborough County Judge Susan Lopez to serve as acting state attorney during Warrenโ€™s suspension, which will continue indefinitely.

Cat Drawing GIF by hoppip

16 Likes

Re: personal agenda

Meme Reaction GIF

13 Likes

That hopefully ends up in court because a state attorney sets what cases they pursue, and the governor canโ€™t just call that negligence. And if a court says it is, then boy does that open a can of worms for criminal justice.

12 Likes

Yeah, Deathsantis seems to be making the same mistake as 45, treating executive branch prosecutors as if they are his own royal inquisitors. It didnโ€™t work out in the end for Biff and I bet it will bite Deathsantis in the ass, too.

15 Likes

I sure fucking hope so.

14 Likes

At first I was wondering why it wasnโ€™t $4.1B instead of million, but then I remembered this is just two of the parents who were harmed. More big verdicts coming.

15 Likes

OOHHHHH!

Only 2 parents. OK, that helps, thanks.

14 Likes