Late Stage GOP Fascists Events 🖕🏾🍊🤡 (Part 3)

https://thehill.com/blogs/in-the-know/4208395-singer-maren-morris-leaving-country-music-blames-the-trump-years/

“After the Trump years, people’s biases were on full display,” the “Bones” singer said in an interview with the Los Angeles Times published Friday. “It just revealed who people really were and that they were proud to be misogynistic and racist and homophobic and transphobic.”

The Grammy-winning singer-songwriter added that she resents music being used as a “toxic weapon in culture wars.”

Referencing Jason Aldean’s hit song “Try That in a Small Town,” which made waves with conservatives, Morris said, “People are streaming these songs out of spite.”

She continued, “It’s not out of true joy or love of the music. It’s to own the libs. And that’s so not what music is intended for. Music is supposed to be the voice of the oppressed — the actual oppressed. And now it’s being used as this really toxic weapon in culture wars.”

13 Likes

https://t.co/y4X1CimxTW

Only the good die young?

9 Likes

Go home, Ed; you’re drunk.

11 Likes

Ed Meese

Excuse Me What GIF by CBS

In case people are unfamiliar with him… he resigned over a scandal…

All the best people are coming out to defend Trump, it seems…

12 Likes

:man_facepalming: The President has no role in elections, and now he’s an ex-president, so what “federal supremacy” is this fool babbling about?

6 Likes

Ed Messe is the Albero Gonzalez and Bill Barr of John Mitchells.

4 Likes

I’m sure the court will consider Meese’s unsolicited input on the powers of the Executive Branch with all the deference due to a man who was neck deep in the Bechtel Scandal and the Iran-Contra Scandal before ultimately being forced to resign for his role in the Wedtech Scandal.

7 Likes

I started reading the declaration Meese submitted. I made it about 15 pages in and quit. There’s an awful lot of bragging of his own supposed experiences that make him qualified as an expert in this situation. The gist of his argument seems to be that everything Clark told Trump was just standard legal advice an AAG would be giving the President, and so should be protect by both executive privilege and attorney-client privilege. He’s completely ignoring the fact that both of those privileges are lost if the attorney is advising the client to break the law or is participating in the commission of a crime, which, if the allegations in the indictment are true, he clearly was.

I also noticed that each page was initialed by hand by Meese. I don’t know if that’s a requirement of such submissions, but it leads me to believe some assistant or clerk of his wrote that whole mess and he just signed off on it. Which probably isn’t that uncommon, but still…I kinda doubt he actually wrote that entire nonsense. And who knows if he even actually read it.

Yeah, you’d think Clark would say thanks but no thanks to support from someone with Meese’s history. It would be like the BTK killer getting a character reference from Jeffrey Dahmer. If Meese were younger, he probably would have done time in Trump’s cabinet and been indicted himself.

9 Likes

And if you’re advising on elections- it’s not a part of your government duties and no privilege applies. And you just violated the Hatch Act.

10 Likes

“Anti-woke” indoctrination working as intended in South Carolina, where students just ratted out their own (white) teacher for exposing them to Ta Nehisti Coates’ writing on systemic racism because it made them feel bad. She’s subsequently been disciplined by the school district and attacked by both the public and local Republican lawmakers.

1 Like

even kids can be fond of bullying ( and white supremacy. ) but obviously to attack her and the book, they needed to claim it hurt their feelings.

( between the world and me is so worthwhile. been a bit. i should probably put it in the reading queue again )

eta:

Plus, Wood had required AP Lang students to read a speech from former president Donald ■■■■■, a balancing conservative voice.

shiver

"I understand in AP Lang we are learning to develop an argument and have evidence to support it, yet this topic is too heavy to discuss,” the student wrote, according to school records obtained by The Post. “I actually felt ashamed to be Caucasian.”

tell me again how you didn’t read the book kiddo

10 Likes

Well, as a Caucasian, I’m ashamed of you kid.

So get used to it I guess.

8 Likes

“As a student in an all-white class in a wealthy school district, reading about experiences beyond my own makes me feel oppressed.”

5 Likes
3 Likes

We really need that puke emoji in the reaction options.

10 Likes

that is horrifying.
perhaps if gaetz is successful in “getting donald trump elected in 2024”. the “don” will just grant him governorship of florida, parceling off the former united states to be run by henchmen and cronies. gaetz in florida, mtg governor of georgia, george santos in new york, mccarthy in california… the mind boggles at the atrocity.

7 Likes

Dreadful technique. And he’s paying no attention to his footwork.

4 Likes

If he wants to be Governor with so little time in Congress; he thinks he can be President in the future.

IMG_0542

2 Likes

And just to put a fine point on one thing, while Texas gets a lot of crap for being truly awful about a lot of things, #NotAllTexans suck.

Behold:

justtobeclear_Texas_Rs

This is where we are, in Texas, now, in the GOP Civil War.
This.

And yeah, we’re angry about Paxton but we are hoping the federal investigation is more fruitful. Much will depend on who is in the White House when trial starts (guessing there will be a trial) and whether it will be SSDD re That Former Guy’s lawlessness and zero accountability if TFG gets in. Note: I did not say “elected” or even “legit elected.”

11 Likes

I wish I could send you some electrolytes, or a pecan pie, or something.
You’re made of sterner stuff than I am.
I bet law school has made you a stronger, more sophisticated thinker in matters of law.

Thanks for all you do, and for what you bring us.

10 Likes