Late Stage GOP Fascists Events ๐Ÿ–•๐Ÿพ๐ŸŠ๐Ÿคก (Part 3)

That worked with SCOTUS.

5 Likes

To the point where it becomes personally inconvenient for them. Tuberville caved on a key part of the proceeding as soon as Schumer threatened to make the whole class spend the weekend in detention.

Speaking earlier on the Senate floor, Schumer said he would request unanimous consent to hold initial votes on the three key Pentagon nominations later Wednesday. Schumer threatened to keep lawmakers in the Senate over the weekend while he proceeded to force votes under the chamberโ€™s cloture rules, in the event that Tuberville or another senator objected.

Tuberville did not object to the votes.

7 Likes

Thatโ€™s why, if they are going to have a filibuster at all, it better be a real filibuster. Yes, youโ€™re going to have to stand at that podium for 24 fucking hours, you piece of shit.

And while weโ€™re at it, the House should have to stay in session continuously without break as ling as there isnโ€™t a budget. If Sept 30 comes and they havenโ€™t passed one, get out your sleeping blankets, Freedom Caucus!

10 Likes

I honestly think that that is a more difficult project than they thinkโ€ฆ But yeah, I wouldnโ€™t be surprised if thatโ€™s their goalโ€ฆ

Only, mostly? Like there have been several cases that Trump likely expected a favorable ruling on (with regards to the 2020 election) and only Thomas (who was not appointed by Trump, but by Bush) voted in his favorโ€ฆ they are getting endless, shitty, right wing rulings, since all 3 of his appointees came from the Federalist society, but theyโ€™ve shown that theyโ€™ll not rubber stamp Trumpโ€™s coupโ€ฆ

8 Likes

I assume the same way they continue to get any support from women, non-white people, poor people, people susceptible to carcinogens, people who realize they depend on the earthโ€™s environment to survive, or anyone who isnโ€™t a sociopathic and short-sighted billionaire. Like, I make fun of Elon Musk but I do get what he sees in them. Everyone else is a puzzle. :man_shrugging:

5 Likes

The rush of online hate increased exponentially early Sunday when Elon Musk, owner of the former Twitter site now known as X, sent a message to his 157 million followers: โ€œAn innocent man was murdered in cold blood while riding his bicycle. The killers joke about it on social media. Yet, where is the media outrage? Now you begin to understand the lie.โ€

Why am I not surprised?

4 Likes

4 Likes
3 Likes

Lachlan Murdoch is even more extreme than his dad, so hopefully thatโ€™ll lead to major mistakes.

7 Likes

Lachlan vs. James predictions based on the premise of Murdoch Sr dying:

https://archive.ph/nptKR

8 Likes

eesh

Itโ€™s a particularly sensitive topic at the Review-Journal, where a year ago its investigative reporter, Jeff German, was stabbed to death. One of the people German wrote about, Clark County Public Administrator Robert Telles, had attacked the reporter on social media and was later charged in the case and is awaiting trial

2 Likes

Fiscal Conservatives! There just isnโ€™t enough popcorn.

7 Likes
1 Like

let me guess: theyโ€™re telling everyone that they can pull themselves up by their bootstraps. that capitalism is the best economic system possible, that america is so perfect that itโ€™s beyond criticism, and that western civilization is responsible for all important developments. :thinking:

ohโ€ฆ you mean some other kind of indoctrination. oops.

7 Likes

Murdoch steps down.
Rupert to Lachlan: You start hiding the money.

Perfect time for that, with the three lawsuits over his head now and more anticipated due to their 2020 election coverage.

6 Likes

Too many college graduates are leaving Mississippi, and aligning degree programs with labor market demand might stem the tide, White said.

I think he may have the wrong โ€œcauseโ€ associated with the โ€œeffect.โ€

9 Likes

Hopefully itโ€™s for health reasons and he pegs it soon.

3 Likes
2 Likes

bad girls club bgc redemption GIF by Beamly US

7 Likes