Late Stage GOP Fascists Events πŸ–•πŸΎπŸŠπŸ€‘ (Part 3)

The school district superintendent of Charlotte County, Florida has ordered all books with LGBTQ+ themes and characters to be removed from district classrooms and libraries.

The order extends beyond instruction materials to books that students are allowed to bring into classrooms and libraries as well.

2 Likes

Lying_Cat_Saga_001

8 Likes

HAHAHAHA! (Wait, which corrupt court?)

8 Likes

A truly nonpartisan court would order states that have a history of racial gerrymandering to overvalue votes from the harmed population in inverse to how they were underrepresented hisorically, going back to 1965. So the next election, in Alabama’s case, would proportion representatives such that 2 representatives would be chosen from historically white districts and 5 would be chosen from historically Black districts. Then in 2026, the proportion would be the inverse of 1968’s election. So on, until all the elections since passage of the Voting Rights Act were represented with an inversely proportional modern map.

Basically, representative reparations.

4 Likes

Ha ha yeah but no. Don’t you know that making things seemingly equal after decades and even centuries of oppression suddenly makes everything downright hunky dory?

/a

5 Likes
4 Likes

or at least they’d revisit their voting rights act decision, and admit they were totally and completely wrong

Chief Justice John Roberts wrote for the majority that Section 4 is unconstitutional because the standards by which states are judged are β€œbased on decades-old data and eradicated practices.”

β€œNearly 50 years later, things have changed dramatically,” Roberts wrote. "The tests and devices that blocked ballot access have been forbidden nationwide for over 40 years. Yet the Act has not eased [Section 5’s] restrictions or narrowed the scope of [Section 4’s] coverage formula along the way. Those extraordinary and unprecedented features were reauthorized–as if nothing had changed

^ Supreme Court strikes down section of Voting Rights Act - CBS News

5 Likes

And at the very least expand it to all 50 states so that Idaho and Wisconsin have the same standing and restrictions as Alabama and Georgia.

7 Likes

Oh no, you were in a car! They were hurting you so bad!!!

Golden Girls Lol GIF by HULU

6 Likes

Hilarious. People’s gettin wise to stale old Focked News shenanigans!

9 Likes

so awesome. and – on the facts – i heard this on the radio today:

That study [also] found that [decriminalization] reduced the number of arrests for drug possession but did not lead to an increase in violent crime arrests. The study also looked at arrest rates for curfew violations, loitering, vagrancy, trespassing and disorderly conduct… there isn’t evidence to suggest the frequency of those offenses actually increased.

9 Likes

Meanwhile:

it took reporters on site about 10 minutes to figure out that not only were some of the people holding those signs not union members, but others holding β€œauto workers for Trump” signs weren’t autoworkers.

10 Likes
6 Likes
4 Likes
1 Like

can-you-ever-forgive-me-kidding-me

7 Likes

And now I’m hoping the swifties get with the jpop fans and take that entire website down

9 Likes

This… is… weird.
And then it gets weirder.

5 Likes

I hadn’t realized that Chris Christie had been such a Koch creature. I wonder if that has anything to do with his no-hope campaign that only exists to heckle Trump?

9/7/2011

6 Likes

I… just… don’t… get it. How can people be soooo stupid?

7 Likes