Late Stage GOP Fascists Events 🖕🏾🍊🤡 (Part 3)

They should be so proud about having poor sex ed in their schools

https://www.usnews.com/news/health-news/slideshows/10-states-with-the-highest-std-rates

Independence Day Usa GIF by Broad City

4 Likes

There is a common factor in the top 10, isn’t there? (NC being an almost-exception, being a purple state gerrymandered to a deep red legislature.) It is truly sad when you can predict the state of education, healthcare, economy, overall health by the 2020 election results. It should not be this way. But here we are.

6 Likes

If anyone is interested, there are several livestreams of what’s happening on the floor right now…

Minority leader Jefferies is speaking right now.

6 Likes

I’ve been monitoring via WaPo. The impression I get is of an elaborate game of pass the parcel being played with grueling slowness where the goal is to stick the other guy with whatever shitty thing is swaddled in countless layers of deflection and posturing. No matter who winds up holding the glorious turd revealed, the losers of the game will be all of us watching them play.

I’m so tired of domestic terrorists holding the government hostage.

9 Likes

Beavis And Butthead Comedy GIF by Paramount+

But they just voted a yes on something, and have now adjourned?

10 Likes

Hallelujah.

No aid for Ukraine, which won’t play well in the Senate. The GOP couldn’t get it done without Democratic support. How long do you think it will be before someone from Florida files a petition to vacate?

5 Likes

So, it’s a short term spending bill (45 days) and it now hinges on the senate to pass it. I have no idea if they have any poison pills in this or not… but yeah, the lack of Ukraine funding might be an issue, but they can always take that back up on Monday… Not having a shut down seems the more important thing right now…

I don’t know… I’m sure that Gaetz is hopping mad. It looks like about 91 people voted no, and I’m sure that makes up the “freedom” caucus dipshits. It’s clear that their goal was a shutdown and denying them that will be a victory, but we’re gonna deal with this all again in about 45 days… :sob:

CNN has got some deets…

10 Likes

So what you’re saying is, the DOJ has 45 days to get a motion for removal of the Freedom Caucus shitweasels under the 14th Amendment in front of a court? :smiling_imp:

4 Likes
2 Likes

Shasta county is home to some of California’s most beautiful scenery and some of its ugliest examples of humanity.

6 Likes

Yeah Putin’s probably doing cartwheels in the Kremlin’s hallways, scarcely believing his luck. Meanwhile, Ukrainians are likely going to have to lean pretty hard on even more EU support (hard and soft), which the EU is already doing anyway, but now having more of the burden to carry.

Ye gods I hate this timeline…

4 Likes

From a cost/benefit perspective for US military dominance we we’ve been getting HUGE bang for our buck helping the Ukrainians chew up Putin’s forces.

As Mike Pence recently noted in an uncharacteristically biting zinger, our biggest geopolitical rival has gone from the second most powerful military in the world to the second most powerful military in Ukraine.

11 Likes
3 Likes

Maybe he thought it was one of those disability buttons for wheelchair users, though one of those would be lower and further away from the door, where a wheelchair user could actually reach it?

1 Like

That would be quite a mistake.

IMG_0628

3 Likes

I don’t buy it. Even if it was possible to mistake the two kinds of switches a responsible adult would have immediately come forward to explain that they’d accidentally set off the fire alarm instead of waiting until they were outed by the security footage. This was 100% intentional.

5 Likes

And stupid.

4 Likes

Anti-Choice Attorneys Want Thousands Of Abortion Providers’ And Donors’ Personal Information

2 Likes

the incredibles yes GIF

Holy fuck, this is right out of the Fascism playbook!

8 Likes

Of course he does.
Of course.

4 Likes