Late Stage GOP Fascists Events 🖕🏾🍊🤡 (Part 3)

6 Likes

2 Likes

The House just convened. Here we go!

Cardi B Popcorn GIF by MOODMAN

6 Likes

How fast would “give them access” (to drugs with side-effects) pivot to penalties for people on Medicare, Medicaid, Indian Health Services, the VA, etc, if they don’t take them?

Republicans always seem to feel that people on (non-rich people) government programs have surrendered their rights.

Let’s have mandatory drug tests for CEOs whose companies get government money! /s

5 Likes

I don’t really have a problem with making those drugs cheaper and more available for people who need them. The woman I’m a caregiver for is on Rybelsus, the oral version of Ozempic. She has type 2 diabetes. It has been about as close to a wonder drug as I’ve personally experienced. Does that mean everyone should take it to maintain weight? Of course not. But damn, that medicine is fucking expensive. She’s not poor, but she still can’t afford it. She’s had to go through Novo Nordisk’s patient assistance program, and dealing with them is a pain in the ass. I swear it’s worse than government bureaucracy. “Oh, your doctor forgot to cross the t here. He’ll have to resubmit the form.” So you know what…if this jackhole’s plan makes that drug cheaper and more available, I will welcome it. We can do that while still not allowing doctors to prescribe it for people who need to lose 5 pounds.

10 Likes

Well it looks like the non-MAGA wing of the GOP gave up.

3 Likes

What, both of them?

3 Likes

Yes, this sounds like a good idea worth trying. However, he’s a cut-the-deficit-by-any-means kind of guy (except removing tax breaks for the rich, I assume), and he’s always going to be thinking about the people for personal or medical reasons who don’t take it. In the long run, he’ll need watching against adding pressures “for their own good, and that of the budget” to take it.

Hm. I wonder what his voting record is like on other plans to reduce drug prices, especially for people least able to afford them? Also, drug company contributions?

3 Likes
2 Likes

I’m sorry, what?

Good Luck Charlie What GIF

8 Likes

You know what would “lead to less government spending on health care”? Well, other than universal healthcare? Maybe… coherent agricultural and public health policy that would provide easier access to healthy food?

9 Likes
3 Likes

I think he has a dart board, that he puts different weird ass ideas on that he can say he experienced, then throws a dart to come up with his new lie for the week…

6 Likes
5 Likes

that profile they link to is… something…

A few weeks after the county board meeting, Carpinelli emailed some colleagues about the Second Amendment sanctuary idea. “We will prevail! But not without a fight. It will be done with Faith, Education, Elections and Force when necessary!”

In 2016, he accepted the New York Oath Keepers’ Constitutional Sheriff Award. Today, a photo of him holding that award is the top image on his official sheriff’s Facebook page

Constitutional sheriffs believe that local authorities — not the federal government — have the final say in deciding what is and isn’t constitutional. But legal scholars say that’s inaccurate and they do not have the final say.

“There’s no polite, genteel, civil way to describe that point of view. It is utterly mistaken. That’s the kindest thing I can say about it."

7 Likes

Picture SovCits with a badge and gun. If that is not terrifying, I don’t know what is.

10 Likes

Yeah that group needs to get a smackdown from the courts. I suspect even the current SCOTUS wouldn’t agree that local sheriffs get to decide unilaterally what is and isn’t constitutional. That would put them out of a job.

12 Likes
2 Likes

“America First Policy Institute” tells you all you need to know. “If we eliminate qualified immunity, it will have a chilling effect on our efforts to keep the mudsills in their place under penalty of summary execution! You wouldn’t want that, now would you?”

10 Likes
3 Likes