Late Stage GOP Fascists Events ๐Ÿ–•๐Ÿพ๐ŸŠ๐Ÿคก (Part 3)

Both of my Texas Senatorsโ€ฆ

:roll_eyes:

Texasโ€™s diabetes epidemic:

• Approximately 2,694,402 people in Texas, or 12.4% of the adult population, have diagnosed diabetes.
  • An additional 621,000 people in Texas have diabetes but donโ€™t know it, greatly increasing their health risk.
  • There are 7,142,000 people in Texas, 34% of the adult population, who have prediabetes with blood glucose levels that are higher than normal but not yet high enough to be diagnosed as diabetes.
  • Every year an estimated 201,104 people in Texas are diagnosed with diabetes.
15 Likes
19 Likes
12 Likes

I think the burned and buried fetus had something to do with it. Illegal disposal of a body. Not to mention the abortion (if it was an abortion, those pills donโ€™t usually work that late into a pregnancy) was well past NEโ€™s pre-Dobbs 22-week restriction. Not really a post-Roe situation, just a really gruesome case the police had every right to investigate and serve warrants for.

Umโ€ฆ yes, it is.

Your commentary here is duly noted.

18 Likes

episode 8 bullshit GIF by RuPaul's Drag Race

11 Likes

So youโ€™re saying we need to provide better information about how to dispose of an aborted fetus to avoid intrusive government intervention?

14 Likes

It is something that wouldnโ€™t have happened if the child was allowed the medical treatment she needed so it is most definitely a post-Roe situation. Similar situations will not be uncommon where access to abortion is restricted.

16 Likes

Well, see, but the sluts just need to keep their legs closed, as god intendedโ€ฆ /s

Seriously, thoughโ€ฆ The fact that anyone can think this isnโ€™t related to our post-roe situation is beyond me.

19 Likes

Denial ainโ€™t just a river in Egypt.

13 Likes

Maya Rudolph Seriously GIF by Apple TV+

14 Likes

Double so when people see things like the right to an abortion through a narrow lens of โ€œwomenโ€™s issuesโ€ rather than a fundamental right to bodily autonomy and privacy issue. As long as people keep dismissing this as a โ€œwomanโ€™s issueโ€ shit will not get fixed.

17 Likes

Itโ€™s all โ€˜no big dealโ€ฆโ€™ until one day someone shows up to take away your rights and agency as a human being.

Then itโ€™s suddenly โ€œa problem.โ€

14 Likes

If itโ€™s not legally a human being then itโ€™s not illegal disposal of a body. Women have miscarriages all the time, and under most circumstances they are under no special legal obligation in regards to what they do with the fetus.

16 Likes

Gentrification texan style

12 Likes

Most miscarriages end up in the toilet, except for the towels used to sop up the blood elsewhere.

17 Likes

We need more laws on how men are permitted to dispose of sperm.

18 Likes

โ€œThis morning, while traveling with my family, 3 FBI agents visited me and seized my cell phone. They made no attempt to contact my lawyer, who would have made arrangements for them to have my phone if that was their wish,โ€ Perry said in the statement.

It is just so unfair that the FBI is just acting on search warrants without giving criminal suspects a heads up first so they have a chance to destroy evidence.

19 Likes

I would love for these assholes to have to โ€˜walk a mile in the shoesโ€™ of someone whoโ€™s BIPOC or LGBTQ+; then theyโ€™d really have something to complain about, aside from merely facing some consequences for their actions.

20 Likes

Imagine if the DEA afforded drug suspects the same deference these Republican politicians expect from the FBI.

DEA: Hello, this is the Baltimore division of the Federal Drug Enforcement Agency. Are you the attorney for a local independent business operator known as Euphoria Joe?
Attorney: Yes I am.
DEA: Great, as it happens we are conducting an investigation that may involve your client. Weโ€™d like to schedule a visit at his warehouse property at 377 Sketchmann Lane for sometime next week. It would be helpful if he can also bring any cell phones or electronic devices he uses for business communications.
Attorney: Oooh, Iโ€™m afraid next week is a bad time. Let me confer with him and get back to you.

25 Likes