Late Stage GOP Fascists Events πŸ–•πŸΎπŸŠπŸ€‘ (Part 3)

13 Likes

Nice clown pants.

11 Likes

Beige Uncle Sam?

8 Likes

Matches the Brownshirt?

9 Likes

Chappelle did a very on-point sketch pointing out those contrasts:

2 Likes

I am Jack’s total lack of surprise.

18 Likes

Oh hey let’s see what Andrew Yang has been up to with that effort to unify left and right to build a harmonious new American society:

Go to hell, Yang.

21 Likes

he sure does seem intent on bringing hell to us :confused:

18 Likes

Also to hell with calling it a β€œraid.” It was federal agents showing up calmly and executing a search warrant.

And Yang is fucking nuts if he thinks this was done without buy-in from DC. It shows just how naive he is about government.

17 Likes

Right?? What kind of rube would assume a local branch office would seek (let alone serve) a search warrant on an ex-fucking-President without so much as a heads-up to their bosses?

18 Likes

The Feds are going to come down on them like a metric shit ton of bricks. Special enforcement for threats against fed judges or their families. A serious felony with heavy fines on top of that.

Lock them up

17 Likes

He won’t be re-elected. Frankly- I think Biden would rather run against Trump than DeStankis.

Ohhhh- that’s some serious 12 dimensional chess Uncle Joe.

13 Likes

I’d rather that Biden run against whoever the least-horrible candidate the GOP can come up with and actually have to work for an election victory in an genuine exchange of ideas, but it doesn’t look like the Republicans are planning to go that way.

13 Likes

Those days, if they ever even existed, are long gone.

The faΓ§ade is broken, β€˜the mask’ is off, and these fuckers are actively throwing whatever shit they think will stick to the wall the most…

16 Likes

I’m pretty sure that he’d prefer to run against the candidate he feels he’s best suited to beat. And I would prefer that as well.

There is no contest of ideas of equal validity here. And I have way too much at stake to fuck around with niceties right here and now.

This is a war against fascism. Politeness is of limited utility.

17 Likes

Also long gone, IMO.

They said β€˜fuck feelings’; then so be it.

15 Likes

The downside is that while a more extreme candidate may be easier to beat, sharing the debate stage with a far-right fascist shifts the Overton window and hurts the country in the long term.

Not to mention that sometimes the extreme, theoretically-easier-to-beat candidate actually wins. Which is how we got Trump in the first place.

10 Likes

Politics ain’t beanbag.

And the Overton Window was smashed when we went full Nazi. The conversation is already there. Worrying about the hypothetical effect of a discourse more extreme than Nazis is closing the barn door after the horse ran away. It’s sentiment for a world that doesn’t exist over the need to save the one that does.

There is no substitute for winning. And beating Nazis. There will be no future harsher than losing that fight.

10 Likes

Which is why I’d like to see it shifted back instead of going further and further to the right. I don’t want the GOP to keep running more and more Nazis just because they’re (theoretically) easier to defeat at the polls.

2 Likes

Then they need to lose. That’s what will change them. Not appealing to the kindness of Nazis.

8 Likes