Late Stage GOP Fascists Events πŸ–•πŸΎπŸŠπŸ€‘ (Part 3)

brilliant!

17 Likes

And both can be bear arms!

15 Likes

They can be very useful!

Bbc One Bear GIF by BBC

18 Likes
13 Likes

A little known section of the 17th Amendment protects the right of (especially Italian-Americans) Freedom of Gesture.

Italian What GIF by Prema Team

8 Likes

My main concern is the internal struggle of being both for and against the Constitution and simultaneously understanding and misunderstanding it at such a basic level. :man_shrugging:

7 Likes

Definitely. The cognitive dissonance is strong and disconcerting. People who claim to love the Constitution but actually hate it; people who claim to be patriots but are cool with an insurrection; those same people who fly American flags on their pickup truck but completely ignore the Flag Code and leave it on there all the time, even during night and storms.

15 Likes

β€œBind but don’t protect,… protect buf don’t bind.” The usual, IOW.

7 Likes
8 Likes

[ one grandparent said students ], β€œshould not have to question why their teacher is a girl but dresses like a boy, and why they can’t address her as Mrs. or Miss.”

this quote. it never stops with something like pronouns. the marital status of all women is - apparently - extremely important. and they sure better wear floor length dresses and support the patriarchy or there will be trouble

13 Likes

Oh for fuck’s sake. Kid’s are extremely adaptable! That is the perfect age to introduce preferred pronouns, if not younger. My kid is kinder-age and had significantly fewer problems with her swim teacher’s preference for they/them then I did. She rarely messes up and helped me by pointing out I had when we talked about the teacher at home. Which was great, because it meant I messed up a lot less in front of them. We had some great discussions about pronouns and how it’s not really our business if someone was a boy or a girl (or both or neither) even if we were quite curious.

I hate this trope that kids too fragile for things like preferred pronouns or the existence of gay or trans people. Kid’s are so adaptable and it’s important they learn that using preferred pronouns is just basic damned civility.

These parents should just be honest. They don’t want these conversations to happen at home, they want these conversations to never happen. Their first grader doesn’t care what pronouns the teacher uses (and I wouldn’t bet that parent’s child is even in that class), the parent is freaking out. Just admit they are bigots.

21 Likes

And also gullible fools, being whipped up and led around by the nose by a GOP that’s desperate for their votes.

12 Likes
17 Likes

Fucking hell. That’s so vile and disgusting. And frightening.

I hope at least some of these bastards get arrested and charged for making such threats.

22 Likes

I’m trying to wrap my head around how serial killing is tied in with being profligate. Maybe the serial killers like to go splurge on something special after a successful rampage? Killing spree β†’ shopping spree?

9 Likes

Jesus Christ. One of the fundamental reasons for creating β€œsafe spaces” for children in a pediatric setting is to help DETECT AND PREVENT child abuse. The nutjobs who envision themselves as warriors fighting the scourge of pedophilia are doing the exact opposite.

19 Likes

I suspect projection. A lot of projection.

18 Likes
15 Likes

Wtf is a β€œprophlegate?” And why are these assholes walking around free?

13 Likes

I assumed it was an idiot’s misspelling of profligate.

9 Likes