Late Stage GOP Fascists Events 🖕🏾🍊🤡 (Part 3)

Honestly, that makes even less sense, but yeah, idiots gonna idiot, and for some reason seem to think advertising it is cool. I hope i never understand this shit.

11 Likes

They want the ability to treat their children like property…

16 Likes
15 Likes
20 Likes
32 Likes

It might also be her support of overthrow of the US government. She’s a full-on GQPer.

16 Likes

From the article:

In a statement explaining the ban of the diverse resources, the school district’s board president at the time, Jane Johnson, said: “What we are attempting to do is balance legitimate academic freedom with what could be literature/materials that are too activist in nature, and may lean more toward indoctrination rather than age-appropriate academic content.”

17 Likes

Right over by one of my previous apartments when I was living there. If I were still there, I’d be heading over to help with cleanup.

Assholes.

14 Likes
8 Likes

I will say, we were using “Tiger” in Chicago in the 1960’s, and had NO IDEA that it had ever been another word.

But if you’re going to broadcast something on public airways, to many countries around the world, ya probably should have someone check that sort of thing just to make absolutely sure.

10 Likes

I remember watching the comedy Kind Hearts and Coronets (which contains the original version) as a kid. Even at that age, my reaction was like this:

Attitude Oh No You Didnt GIF

Since then, it’s been on my list of classic films with scenes likely to raise my blood pressure if I don’t hit the mute (or fast forward) button on the remote.

13 Likes

Shameless grifters gonna grift.
And btw, he’s married to a Texas state senator, Angela Paxton.

(the short article is mildly funny but fwiw, the gist:)

… Herrera eventually placed the subpoenas on the ground near the truck and told him he was serving him with a subpoena. Both cars drove away, leaving the documents on the ground.

Neither Ken Paxton’s office nor Angela Paxton’s office immediately responded to The Texas Tribune’s request for comment.

Paxton has been under indictment for securities fraud for seven years and faces a whistleblower lawsuit from former top deputies who accused him of abuse of office. Paxton has denied wrongdoing.

He was forced into a runoff for the Republican nomination for another term in office after high-profile Republicans, including former Texas Supreme Court Justice Eva Guzman and Land Commissioner George P. Bush, tried to unseat him. But Republican voters chose him over his intra-GOP challengers, who criticized his legal and personal scandals on the campaign trail

18 Likes

I still don’t get why he hasn’t faced trial for this. Just do it already.

18 Likes

Reasons:

1. He’s good at delaying (he is after all a lawyer… of a kind…).
  2. Texas.
  3. Texas.
  4. He’s a Good Ol’ Boy and has enablers.
  5. Texas.

ETA:

https://twitter.com/BizzleMcDizzle/status/1574718754147414016

The Texas Tribune’s ongoing list of articles detailing Paxton’s behavior runs many many pages:

22 Likes

The effects of terrorism directed towards gender affirming healthcare providers…

thread

19 Likes
7 Likes

In what’s now called the Republican Party, that’s not fatal.

12 Likes

It’s complicated. It’s not that Koch Co is against insurrection, they just want Trump out of the way for the second try.

16 Likes

Frustrated Headache GIF

17 Likes

Cheney is using some of Trump’s own consultants and allies, including the powerful Koch network

Yeah. An enemy isn’t suddenly a good person just because they’re the enemy of another one of your enemies.

14 Likes