Late Stage GOP Fascists Events ๐Ÿ–•๐Ÿพ๐ŸŠ๐Ÿคก (Part 4)

I donโ€™t think so, no.

My point is that Paul is an asshole.

4 Likes

Paul Krugman:

2 Likes

Yes, a manufactured story getting such coverage is a bad sign.

It reminds me of how Hillary Clinton was dying of everything during the 2016 campaign.

11 Likes

The Gray Lady. Donโ€™t you think she looks tired?

8 Likes

Rolling tr0lling.

5 Likes

That boycott went really well.

7 Likes

Damn that dastardly Taylor Swift and Beyonce!!!

5 Likes
2 Likes
1 Like

Republicans in state legislatures are using the same playbook:

2 Likes

โ€œIโ€™m opposed to racists, race baiters and victim politics,โ€ Schriver told The Detroit News. โ€œWhat I find strange is the agenda to demoralize and reduce the white portion of our population.โ€

:face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

So little self awareness in that statement.

5 Likes

123.4 million viewers
The network said it was the most watched telecast in history.

The last Champions League finale had 450 million viewers.

The last IPL final (Indian white ball cricket) had 505 million

ETA: forgot the most important one: 162 million for the last Eurovision Song Contest finale

10 Likes

The history that counts.
You know, real sports in real countries, not something weird that might actually be made up stuff from places that may not even exist for real.

7 Likes

Sadly, that seems to be how many of us Americans see the worldโ€ฆ

10 Likes
2 Likes
3 Likes

Well they did it. Theyโ€™ve impeached Mayorkas. Fuckers.

ETA: They really had to do that today, because it looks like Democrat Tom Suozzi is going to win the special election for George Santosโ€™s seat. Suozzi sucks, though.

2 Likes

Clearly this isnโ€™t about the border, or Mayorkas, or even differences on immigration policy.

Itโ€™s about delegitimizing the entire concept of the impeachment process to make their guyโ€™s record seem less bad.

12 Likes
2 Likes

Well, Trump also wants to make the border one of his key campaign issues, which is why he told Johnson to kill the deal that Congressional Republicans and Democrats had worked out with Mayorkas. One of the Republicans who voted against impeachment and said very strongly how ridiculous this all is also announced heโ€™s decided to not run for re-election. So another โ€œreasonableโ€ Republican is a coward who wonโ€™t stay and fight.

ETA: And Suozzi has now won the special election for the NY 3rd, so the GOPโ€™s majority is even narrower. Expect the House to do absolutely nothing the rest of the year.

7 Likes