Late Stage GOP Fascists Events ๐Ÿ–•๐Ÿพ๐ŸŠ๐Ÿคก (Part 4)

https://archive.ph/6Sx7P

13 Likes

Around here, the school board is pleading with librarians to not leave. Many are, some out of frustration, some out of fear for themselves or their kidsโ€™ safety. But this is exactly what the fascists want. Drive the librarians out, close the libraries due to โ€œlack of staffing,โ€ control the input to the kids minds. Of course, in the internet age, this is easier aspired to than accomplished, but that does not seem to be stopping them. They really only have one playbook, after all.

14 Likes

Letโ€™s review: who are the โ€œgroomersโ€ exactly?

tom cruise projector GIF

16 Likes

Thatโ€™s what KOSA is for

7 Likes
17 Likes

To call this moment a โ€œmigrant crisisโ€ is to let elected federal officials off the hook. But a โ€œcrisis of politicians kicking the problem down the road until opportunists set it on fireโ€ is hard to fit into a tweet, so weโ€™ll have to make do.

6 Likes
16 Likes

Sheesh. Such big cancel culture.

Edit: Good on Cracked for writing about it.

The comic itself seems fairly innocuous. Though of course, to consevative zealors/neo-Nazis, the truth does not seem innocuous.

15 Likes

I already recycled it but Iโ€™m pretty sure the WaPo omitted the first two frames (i.e. in the print edition) - that, in itself, isnโ€™t unusual; sometimes the top frames comprise an opening gag thatโ€™s omitted for space (or theyโ€™ll occasionally butcher a comic outright e.g. due to misarranging a vertical layout into a horizontal space). But given the content & what happened to it at McPaper, this omission isnโ€™t a good look.

They never run those first 2 panels.Gotta save space!

1 Like

For those guys, โ€œAnd the truth shall set you freeโ€ is seen as a threat. One which may require a violent reprisal. Not sexual content, no overt racial content, on foul language, this cannot be justified by any of their usual canards. It is purely censoring ideas. And facts, of course. Thatโ€™s probably the worst part.

9 Likes
10 Likes

Nick Jonas Wow GIF by Jonas Brothers

18 Likes
11 Likes

https://archive.ph/38THr

11 Likes
17 Likes

The oppression that exists in red states through the coiled plagues of gerrymandering, voter suppression, right-wing propaganda, negative partisanship and self-sorting may feel distant to you now, as it does to me in Michigan where weโ€™re undergoing a renaissance of democracy. But I can tell you things swing fast. A decade ago, our state government poisoned a mostly Black city to save a piddling amount of money and was suing to keep gay couples from adopting kids.
So I have some bad news for anyone in a blue state who feels a little schadenfreude or urge to tell people to just โ€œget up and go!โ€ when a horrible law or hate crime comes up in a red state. As long as we have a Supreme Court dominated by six Republicans, we all live in a red state.

Thanks for posting thisโ€ฆ spot on.

17 Likes

14 Likes

โ€œNo gender?โ€ So they want to live in the dominant human culture described in Ann Leckieโ€™s Ancillary series?

13 Likes
15 Likes