Late Stage GOP Fascists Events 🖕🏾🍊🤡 (Part 4)

“Doctors delight in working with their unborn patients - and experience an aesthetic injury when they are aborted.”

Oh no! Not aesthetic injuries! That changes things, now I am totally convinced doctors should be legally forced to force women into risking actual injury and death to protect the doctor’s delicate sensibilities.

ETA: Because I apparently owe several people a coke…

coca-cola-soda-24-pack-12-oz-cans
… help yourselves :grin:

10 Likes

Under the 18-month agreement, the special prosecutors would drop three felony counts against Paxton as long as he pays full restitution to his victims, and completes 100 hours of community service and 15 hours of legal ethics education.

Said restitution is $300k.

:face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

17 Likes

Officials with the Calvert County State’s Attorney’s Office said the harassment began in December and the students refused to stop despite repeated requests. The victim ultimately reported the behavior to Maryland State Police, which investigated and filed charges against the students.

For once, using the power of LEOs for good. I am not expecting this to be an ongoing pattern, but it’s nice to see now and then.

8 Likes
9 Likes

I know the area. Lots of military providers and such. Very white-makes-right. I know someone who moved from there, for those reasons and more.

7 Likes

The skyrocketing share price comes despite the fact that Trump Media is burning through cash; piling up losses; and its main product, Truth Social, is losing users.

“This is a very unusual situation. The stock is pretty much divorced from fundamentals,” said Jay Ritter, a finance professor at the University of Florida’s Warrington College of Business, who has been studying initial public offerings (IPOs) for over 40 years.

Ritter said the closest parallel would be GameStop, AMC and other so-called meme stocks that skyrocketed during Covid-19 as an army of retail traders piled in. He said Trump Media is likely worth somewhere around $2 a share — nowhere near its closing stock price of $58.

“The underlying business doesn’t seem to be worth much. There is no evidence this is going to become a large, highly profitable company,” he said. “I’m reasonably confident the stock price will eventually drop to $2 a share and could even go below that if the company blows through the money it got from the merger.”

10 Likes

I wonder just how that works for Tromp trying to hoover up some cash from the IPO. Can he do it now, or soon, and get some of that balloon cash?

3 Likes

Tastes like fresh laundry.

8 Likes

that’s the Gain™ [money] laundering scent.
irresistible!

10 Likes

I think he’s not allowed to sell for 6 months. But I may be misremembering a story.

Edit:

Trump could sell some of DJT stock to help pay for his legal bills, although the company currently has a “lock up” period, effectively barring its executives from selling shares for six months.

8 Likes

Also since Trump owns at least half the shares himself he probably can’t sell off any significant portion of them at once without sending the price tumbling.

“This is a very unusual situation. The stock is pretty much divorced from fundamentals,” said Jay Ritter, a finance professor at the University of Florida’s Warrington College of Business

If there’s one thing Donald Trump has a lot of experience in it’s being divorced. Sure, there are people who have been divorced more times, but few have been divorced so publicly and spectacularly.

8 Likes

MuskNerds

Sad to see an AG launching a SLAPP suit for Elno.

7 Likes

His divorce from reality has been particularly spectacular and acrimonious. On the plus side, it looks like reality might just take him to the cleaners.

6 Likes

tesla GIF

6 Likes

The stock market, aka “White Boy Crack Rock.”

10 Likes

liane cartman randy marsh GIF by South Park

7 Likes

The question is, can he find someone dumb enough or corrupt enough to accept those shares as collateral on a loan for 175M?

4 Likes

The Pod Save America guys were pointing out that this stock makes grift and bribes far more efficient. Used to be that the Saudi delegation would book rooms at the Trump hotel in DC for an extra month and just leave them unoccupied. Now it’s a simple stock trade. For some foreign entities like the Saudis spending a couple hundred million to get favors from Trump is absolutely chump change. They spend multiples of that just for some of their star players in the LIV golf tournament.

Technically Trump isn’t allowed to use his shares as collateral for loans yet, but that’s based on rules imposed by the company’s board of directors, not Federal law. The company could vote to change those rules whenever they want.

8 Likes

What I think is most likely is that the stock is tightly held by very few owners. They don’t sell, propping up the sales price at near current levels. Then Donnie can sell before it crashes.

3 Likes

They can, but that they’d made that change would be public, and the market would react.

4 Likes