Late Stage GOP Fascists Events ๐Ÿ–•๐Ÿพ๐ŸŠ๐Ÿคก (Part 4)

According to reporting in the New York Times this week, Vanceโ€™s actual record at Yale reveals repeated inconsistencies between the person he once was and the views he now professes. Now a vociferous opponent of modern universities, which he has called โ€œexpensive day care centers for coddled children,โ€ Vance thrived socially and โ€”eventually โ€” academically at Yale, remembered by some as โ€œwarm, personable and even charismatic.โ€ But his former professors, fellow students, and even roommates say Vance has since abandoned any of the principles he once held to ride Donald Trumpโ€™s coattails to the White House.

Among those criticizing Vanceโ€™s lack of moral rigor is Sofia Nelson, a former classmate and friend of Vance and his wife Usha. Nelson told the Times that they and Vance were previously so close, the Ohio senator delivered โ€œhome-baked treatsโ€ to their home while they were recovering from top surgery โ€” the sort of thing one might expect from a staunch trans ally, rather than a man who has since referred to queer people as โ€œgroomers,โ€ described gender-affirming surgeries as โ€œgruesome,โ€ and declared war on โ€œfar-left gender ideology.โ€ For Nelson, the breaking point came when Vance offered vocal support for an Arkansas ban on gender-affirming care in 2021.

10 Likes

17 Likes

From 2022:

https://www.wsj.com/articles/donald-trumps-89-million-debt-to-mitch-mcconnell-senate-leadership-fund-j-d-vance-mehmet-oz-11667947704

Vance, Oz and Trumpโ€™s $89 Million Debt to McConnell

J.D. Vance and Mehmet Oz needed millions in GOP establishment campaign spending.

And:

Crikey, when does McConnellโ€™s influence ever end? I am going to believe that Vance is indebted in some form and will owe McConnell something. And now Vance got a pole-vault promotion to VP candidate.

8 Likes

18 Likes

A Prez candidate laughing? Whatโ€™s next? A representative dancing? The horror! (/s)

18 Likes

I bought a coffee cup where the sunglasses appear when hot.

Holding out for the collectibles market! :wink:

13 Likes

I want this as a poster!

20 Likes

That ad reminds me of another that also backfired by going viral for the opposite of the intended reason, the one of AOC dancing on a roof in an old student video. In both cases, the right only managed to show how out of touch they are with most USians.

@sqlrob ,

Coca Cola Soda GIF by Diet Coke

11 Likes

Oh no what will Texas do?

15 Likes

Collin Allred really scares Ted Cruz. Plus heโ€™s terrified the RNC is going to leave him out to dry.

11 Likes

But Ted is so likeable!

Sick Vomit GIF by CBS

10 Likes

Oh God do we old millennials sound that cringey to zoomers and gen alpha?

9 Likes

Iโ€™m going to try and save mine for his run in 2032

6 Likes

Oh.

NSFW.

6 Likes
11 Likes

Got a non-Shitter link?

13 Likes

https://www.politico.com/news/2024/07/23/florida-book-ban-child-testify-00170618

14 Likes

Thank you!

12 Likes

But, at the same time, the judge acknowledged the young age of the unnamed student referred to as J.N., who, along with her mother are plaintiffs in the case, and agreed to limit the questioning to 90 minutes.

For a 7-year-old. 90 minutes to brow beat her into whatever they want her to say. I fear for this child.

17 Likes

If the parents are wise, they will insist on a virtual deposition, with one of them present throughout, along with the attorneys.

15 Likes