Lauren Boebert calls for laws to enforce "biblical citizenship training" in our schools

Third cousin of Florida Man.

1 Like

Actually I believe he is the Uncle-Cousin of Florida Man

5 Likes

El BoeBoe is still one of the most useless wastes of a Congressional seat out there. Even exceeding the sloth of Rand Paul.

How many bills has she sponsored? What has she done for her district besides brought scorn and derision?

Anyone who voted for her should be slapped upside the head.

7 Likes

(Checks notes)

You Are Right Taika Waititi GIF by IMDb

2 Likes

As a Colorado native, I am so saddened by Boebert. It’s worth noting that she was born in Florida.

However, she moved to Aurora CO when she was twelve. This likely means that she was able to go to school in the Cheery Creek school district, which at the time of her education was still amongst the best public school systems in the country. Private school good. Computers before computers were common and you could get a certificate degree in high school along with AP of everything and tons of arts sports theater science literature and music. Talk about opportunities! I grew up in Aurora myself and it is a good place; very difficult to become stupid there. You need to be stupid first, it won’t shape you into being stupid (like, say, Colorado Springs might)

They grade fairly in Cherry Creek and have incredible resources — but if you’re dumb, though, you know that too. Any reporter should seek an interview with whatever school teacher she might have known back at that time.

I’m almost certain she was graded as a very stupid student. Which is sad, because there are so many people in Aurora that are smart. It can set up complicated psychology of insecurity where some decades later you’re literally yapping with your head cut off about biblical citizenship training with a holster stuck to your thigh while you do your best Sarah Palin impression, chewing gum, hollering privately in the toilet.

It’s beyond sad that intelligent communities can have regressive idiots to represent them. But I guess Colorado did it to themselves. How was she voted in?

19 Likes

Florida.

The Big Bang Theory Sheldon GIF by LittleOmig

12 Likes

Ha, you caught the joke hidden within!

Facts are extremely funny. You don’t even need to say more! Enjoyed the gif.

5 Likes

Of course; there’s also (competent and non-biased) courses on the internet as well.

4 Likes

Why are you suggesting everybody in Florida is stupid?

9 Likes

Yet more of this kind of laziness… :roll_eyes:

11 Likes

Looney Tunes Florida GIF

4 Likes

Sure, and as the bill gets shaped and sausaged, let’s turn it into about 4 years of mandatory actual US constitutional law, civics, rhetoric, and logic/reasoning courses…

4 Likes

Christ, what a Christian Nationalist asshole!

3 Likes

I welcome the question! Not sure if you’re being dry in humor or are from Florida?

I am not saying everyone in Florida is stupid. I think I would say though that it’s good safe harbor for a kind of proudly dumb mindset. Not everyone there. But you won’t get run out of the state for being dangerously dumb. Given your bluster (DeSantis) you might even get a standing ovation for it.

I have some good history and memories visiting Florida. Having Jewish family, there’s lots of family that has ended up in Florida, stereotypically moving from the North East. Growing up, we visited Miami Beach, Boca, Jacksonville, other places. Jacksonville felt like purgatory but the other places were beautiful and the air felt healthy. I’ve been to Florida a lot.

Today with the Instagram era it’s far funnier. Is the pursuit of vanity dumb? Sure! Is that Florida the only victim of that kind of stupidity enhancer? Surely not!

Of course, there’s the politics and policies, etc. The episodes of COPS TV don’t help much. Or the many headlines or Netflix specials. It’s a brand.

But no offense intended. I was just suggesting it’s not a bad dumbshit nest for Boebert to have been born from. I know the state has many smart people.

And if you were making a dry joke: Nicely stated! Just want to cover both bases.

Edit to state:
I’m in Texas so I have no defense myself. Talk about a bunch of idiots right here!

6 Likes

7 Likes

i think the tendency – and it’s not just you for sure, even in this thread – to label people who support fascism as stupid is wrong.

yes, there are dumb people who do. but there also genuinely nice people – who believe in democracy even – who are not well read, not intellectual, not “smart”.

intelligence is just one way to understand a person. and it’s entirely independent from being moral or desiring social justice.

a lot of these “dumb republicans” are anything but. if they were dumb bricks, there’d be no way we’d be in the position that we are: where a minority party has significant control over our government and policy.

13 Likes

And a good chunk never existed.

9 Likes

Seems to also ignore the First Amendment.

“Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion…”

14 Likes

Of all the weird hills to die on, I really don’t get why evangelical Christianity picked “this book is literally true”. Plenty of religions do just fine treating the stories as instructive stories.

17 Likes

Ha! Okay I did not say that. I’m sure there are plenty of smart reasons to support fascism. You get your neighbor’s house, for instance!

But no, that’s not what I think of regarding “Definition of Dumb” - Just for clarity.

The fascists are elsewhere. And you’re right there’s smart ones.

1 Like