Lauren Boebert's overt antisemitism baffles Jewish Capitol visitors

I see no reason to take her at her word, though. She knows that showing active anti-semitism is going to be shouted down by her own side much more than Islamophobia.

True.

7 Likes

She should know we don’t need to do recon. We have space lasers.

Unknown

19 Likes

Exactly. She can’t afford to alienate kapos like Ben Shapiro. The easiest way to backpedal and keep people like him on board was to proudly say she was really being an anti-Muslim bigot. That makes it all better for Benny Shaps.

7 Likes

I’m confused on many levels. I’m assuming she thought they were Muslim and just blurted out whatever was on her tiny brain?
But she’s still butthurt about people questioning just WHY she was on a tour of the Capitol for unknown reasons, after hours? There are still questions about that and I’m not sure they’ve ever been answered? Are tours of the Capitol by people that have not even started working there, at midnight, a typical thing?

1 Like

Apparently Marj has a lot of feelz about people still talking about that. Her feelings are hurt, not that she said it, but, you know, because she’s “a Christian”.

7 Likes

Yeah, we know what kind she is too.

15 Likes

I just wanna know if she’s a genuine anti-Semite, or is she just confused? Well, I know she’s confused, but, is she confused about THIS?

“Inquiring minds want to know,” and all that.

I don’t think those are mutually exclusive. She may well be a genuine anti-Semite AND so utterly ignorant that she couldn’t tell the difference between a group of Orthodox Jewish people and a group of Muslims.

I don’t think it really matters whether she genuinely confused the two or just pretended to—either way she’s a walking sack of ignorance and hatred.

11 Likes

Just another day as a trash person, er uhm, I mean Republican representative.

2 Likes

But she won’t alienate him, because he thinks he’ll be one of the ones who gets protected from the worst of it…

I bet if you look deep enough into her interest, William Pierce will pop up at some point… I wonder if she has a samzidat copy of The Turner Diaries…?

Donald Glover Yes GIF

12 Likes

At first I was imagining the same thing. A little private library with The Turner Diaries, The Protocols of the Elders of Zion, Mein Kampf. However, she doesn’t strike me as much of a reader, so if she does have them they’re just for show.

8 Likes

Probably not, but her type will read these texts as they are central to their world view… or as you say, she just has them to “impress” the “right” kind of people…

6 Likes

You responded to only the first half of her post. Here’s the second half:

In other words, the End Times.

This would have been a good time to “Yes, and…” to provide that article link.

5 Likes

I wasn’t really trying to correct anyone here. I did say “that and…” which in my mind is very close to “yes, and…” but my apologies to @Mindysan33 if it came off wrong.

I may have misinterpreted the comment I was replying to but I do think that “having a place for Jews to go so that they don’t have to be here” and “fulfilling a biblical prophecy in order to hasten the end times” are two separate and distinct motivations among nutjob evangelicals. I believed that “That is literally the entire reason why…” was referring to the first reason only, but as you point out I may have been mistaken.

I’d argue that the two inform each other. The modern white evanglical movement has integrated a whole hell of a lot of ideas from the white power movement that has informed their theology. I don’t see a way to untangle the two views at this point. It’s far too late for that.

And of course, both are borne out of bigotry, so it hardly matters.

9 Likes

Yes. She is.

6 Likes

… because it’s IMPOSSIBLE that there is an actual anti-Jewish bigot in Congress?

6 Likes

“Popular” doesn’t mean smart or nice. We all remember the popular kids from school. It just means you might get elected, but still be a stupid pudenda.

1 Like

Probably excerpts only, if anything.

Both. Genuine anti-Semite. Confused when she meets actual Semites who do not match her prejudiced idea of them.

7 Likes