Law professors file ethics complaint against Kellyanne Conway, seek sanction

Unfortunately, I think not. The non-profit theatre board I sit on recently discussed screening his most recent propaganda piece. He’s essentially untouched by being discredited as far as I can tell. Fortunately, our board is made up of thoughtful, mentally and emotionally flexible people and when I related his history the consensus was to squash it.

5 Likes

Because the Bar Association can’t take away Trump’s license to lawyer. He doesn’t have one. The only body that can do anything about Trump is Congress, and they don’t want to.

6 Likes

Oh lets.

2 Likes

I want her chyron to read “disbarred laywer” for the rest of her life.

7 Likes

…and so in conclusion, fuck Kellyanne Conway!!!

5 Likes

#Ew, NO.

13 Likes

:expressionless:

1 Like

Gah!!! OK. Poor choice of words and metaphor…

4 Likes

Your avatar has a jellyfish-like quality, robulus… :wink: heheh

3 Likes

I believe you’ve answered your own question. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I was thinking of this!

6 Likes

I don’t believe in ‘rewarding’ bad behavior.

8 Likes

Like the OG’s say - never stick your dick in crazy.

Yeah no shit, that’s why I question why they need to be the ones tracking down lawyers stealing money from clients instead of following through on ethics violations.

But there isn’t. Unless I’m misreading this article, her license has been suspended for years because she hasn’t paid dues (because she hasn’t been practicing anyway and obviously doesn’t intend to, so why pay dues?). What’s the end result? She’s disbarred? Okay, so she can keep doing exactly the same job she’s doing now?

Again, there are actual practicing lawyers committing ethical violations that may shade into the criminal, but because of the media attention on this complaint, the D.C. bar is going to have to use its limited resources to investigate this complaint instead of ones that actually affect the clients of those attorneys.

Haha! Big laugh!

Or, don’t take my word on it. Take no-fan-of-Trump legal ethics professor Steve Lubet’s:

There have been Star Trek things about aliens crawling into you and having little bore-holes coming out through your neck, or Dax and her thingabob… All sorts of shit if you keep looking for it. Definitely in some anime, like an episode of Boogiepop Phantom. Yeah, well, hopefully no more leechy thing for me! :innocent:

2 Likes

Ah, got it, yes, I apparently can’t read today.

1 Like

And whatever happened to the problem with 45’s lease of the old post office building? I thought the lease prohibited any officeholder from being a party to it? Now that he’s an officeholder… poof! No one mentions it anymore. Can the Dems get up on the hind legs already?

13 Likes