Leader of protests against staying home tests positive for COVID-19

How do you feel about the term Branch Covidians for this crowd?

24 Likes

CDC’s own site states the legal and constitutional authority for quarantine orders
The Commerce Clause and 14th Amendment loom large here.
https://www.cdc.gov/quarantine/aboutlawsregulationsquarantineisolation.html

10 Likes

They almost uniformly identify as such, even if they’ve never read the bible or they never go to church, because it’s not a faith, it’s a larger part of a racial identity that they believe in.

17 Likes

I suspect that the protesters’ knowledge only covers the 1st and 2nd, badly.

4 Likes

And forgetting that the entire Bill of Rights only applies to states through the 14th Amendment.

3 Likes

With the recent group of armed asshats demonstrating at the Governor’s mansion here in Minnesota, I’m wondering why the 2nd amendment doesn’t have a “common sense” exemption like the 1st amendment? We have the right to free speech, but everyone understands that people can’t yell “FIRE!” in a crowded theater. Why can’t we understand that a bunch of guys brandishing assault rifles is NOT a peaceable assembly? Why can’t someone in power arrest these terrorists (that is what they are) and tell them to come back with a sign, like everyone else that has a beef?

I’m not kidding - I think allowing this kind of activity is an egregious abdication of responsibility.

20 Likes

My view of 'armed protest" is that cops should be allowed to fire on them under the guise of the guns being an obvious threat of violence towards the public and law enforcement.

“Armed protest” is bullshit. Its called a lynch mob. Its sole purpose is to keep law enforcement at bay so a mob can commit crimes and cause mayhem.

13 Likes

I’m sorry that she has asymptomatic Covid.

5 Likes

Just one more piece of evidence for the non-existence of God.

2 Likes

As soon as there as there are two different groups “peacefully protesting” while armed to the teeth, there’s a potential bloodbath. (Not counting accidents by “safety off, round in the chamber” types.)

5 Likes

Rest assured: the number of asymptomatic cases is very likely very low. That she used the word is a spin in its own right.

She would have been presymptomatic, or had mild symptoms. Or she just made the shit up.

ETA: @jlw, the link is geoblocked. (As usual, WTF, news sites?) If you have an alternative for readers outside the US, I would suggest replacing it. I did access via VPN to the US.

6 Likes
  • Branch Covidians
  • Covidiots
  • A Murder of Covids
  • A Pack of Coronas
  • Refuse-to-shelter Skelters
  • Other (reply below)
0 voters
12 Likes

yup. in her state you can only get tested if you’ve had known contact with a covid patient, or have gone through flu testing first. and, regardless, you have to have symptoms.

id almost guarantee this is just a trump style bid at more media coverage for the vanishingly small group she represents.

show me the doctor 's note, and interview the doctor.

9 Likes

I think she means asympathetic COVID: It kills your sense of smell and any compassion for other human beings.

9 Likes

Ideological foot soldiers? :woman_shrugging:

4 Likes

My WTF too, exactly.

Stupendously stupid argument by stupendous dumb person.

Being put in quarantine has nothing to do with anyone’s religion, and in no way keeps you from being religious. Might make it difficult to attend church- but then noone else is supposed to be there too, anyway.

The dumb here hurts.

7 Likes

The etymological root of “Cretin” is chrétien, which is French for “Christian,” so you’re not far off, either way.

4 Likes

Not only that, it really pisses me off when people confuse “could” with “should.”

2 Likes

The story of Typhoid Mary illustrates the power of government to enforce quarantine. These half-baked libertarians believe that government exists solely protect their “freedoms”. Would they have Mary Mallon making them lunch?

7 Likes

Thoughts and prayers

1 Like