Leader of protests against staying home tests positive for COVID-19

I like to stick to the classics:

4 Likes

There’s been “Mass for Shut-Ins” since, well, ever (I remember asking what that word meant when I was four in 1961). That is not even close to a valid argument.

7 Likes

It was best summed up by Robert Evans on twitter.

Branch Covidians

2 Likes

The opposite. They’ve been tuning the antibody test to err on the side of false negatives rather than false positives for obvious reasons (i.e. they don’t want people mistakenly believing they’re safe to expose themselves to the virus when they aren’t).

I’m not sure if it’s 'shopped, but I saw a sign from a protest somewhere that just straight out said it:

@Brainspore

I also like “Flu Klux Klan.”

And what happens when governments fail to enforce quarantine, too…

10 Likes

Yep- my feelings exactly. Theres just not even a rational argument here

1 Like

Asymptomatic for now.

Also - why did she get tested if she had zero symptoms? And how did she?

9 Likes

Can’t muster up any schadenfreude, because unfortunately these idiots are going to infect other people who are being careful. And some of them will end up in the hospital and put additional strain on our already overburdened healthcare system.

If she were the only one suffering the consequences of her foolish actions, then serve her right, but unfortunately this reckless behavior affects everyone.

2 Likes

Overthinking Jokes Dept: Jefferson wasn’t involved in the drafting of the Constitution; he was in France at the time.

3 Likes

They were on the phone. :sunglasses:

2 Likes

I knew there was at least one good one I was forgetting.

9 Likes

Or, to put that another way, they never learnt/realised/were told that rights come with responsibilities.

8 Likes

Prior to Jan 2020, said person would be labeled a terrorist by the state - and the people of her community.

An amoral bio-terrorist. That’s where I land.

Gitmo sounds very quarantine-y to me.

2 Likes

So how was she tested? Why was she tested?

In my area, you need to be 60+ AND showing symptoms before you can ASK for a doctor’s referral for a test you might have to drive to another state to get.

7 Likes

How many covidians are in a covfefe?

7 Likes

Trump is totally their president - the guy who has explicitly said he has all the authority and none of the responsibility.

6 Likes

Holy heck, these ads are getting nuts. It astonishes me how much the performance on my i7 extreme always tanks when I have more than a few tabs of BoingBoing open, regardless of browser. I’m going to have to stop visiting at this rate. :open_mouth:

1 Like

Where is ANTIFA? This looks like right up their alley.

They’re all at home because it’s the best way to fight fascism right now. That and you can’t tell since everyone (who is sane) is wearing a mask.

5 Likes

@MsScience - I use a combo of Firefox and Ghostery and have an acceptable level of popups.

And eff these donkeybrains who endanger others.

3 Likes

Same here, ghostery and no script stops all that crap from my browser. No offence if someone splits this off.

2 Likes