Leaks from inside Trump's White House suggest staff are alarmed by his volatile and erratic conduct

I’m not sure what’s weirder, that the friggin’ National Security Advisor has loose lips or that the press keeps lapping up unconfirmed, unsourced rumors. I’m not saying it’s not true, or that it couldn’t be true, but we’re priming ourselves to be set up the bomb for misinformation. It fits too neatly in our narrative not to be on guard. I would be shocked if Bannon doesn’t see what’s going on and use it to his advantage to make the opposition look stupid; he’s already a master baiter.

Leaks are great from any administration (it’s fucking shitty that’s even is a sentence that has to be said in a democracy), but pretty soon it’s going to be a swimming pool of bullshit mixed in with truth, in a way that only Robert Anton Wilson could write about.

I’d suggest a new approach: make it clear to leakers that without named testimony or corroborating proof, nothing will be published. People will still come forward if what’s going on is that egregious, and it will still destabilize his administration as he has to continue to burn through disloyal and increasingly incompetent employees. Hopefully the signal to noise ratio will improve if unconfirmed low level erratic behavior that mainly serves as a distraction doesn’t make it to the news.

4 Likes

Al Capone.
Crook.
Jailed for income tax evasion.
Contracted syphilis.
Examined then assessed to have the mentality of a 12 year old.
Hello, Donald. Hello!

1 Like

I’m hoping that you’re saying that he should know that it’s a stupid question*, not that he’s ignorant for not knowing the answer or asking the wrong person, those just being the mayo on the shit sandwich.

*In my non-economist layman’s understanding

1 Like

A couple of days ago, some of us here were joking around that he might have Pick’s Disease. While he apparently doesn’t fit the classic symptoms of early-onset Alzheimer’s, it’s worth checking out the list of Pick’s symptoms. Ha ha, only serious?

Is there any precedence or rule of law for removing a president who’s mentally ill? I can’t see any, and in fact the historical record shows the opposite (viz., Wilson after his stroke.)

2 Likes

UGH! more “news” where the source is “leaks”. When did every interesting site on the web that reports a little news become buzzfeed?. I know, I know…clicks bring revenue, but c’mon. The orange turnip is a douche to the nth degree, but when I read a headline that seems to demonstrate what we all thought all along and it turns out that the source is just “leaks” it makes me actually have a smidgen of sympathy for the guy. Step it up BoingBoing…enough of this horse sh*t.

2 Likes

FTFY ­

2 Likes

AFAIK narcissism isn’t automatically a disorder but can be just a personality type/trait.

Global warming wasn’t exactly top priority in US politics before Trump - e.g. G.W. Bush delayed/hindered important climate conferences during his term(s) in office.

If I were living in some third-world country with economic problems I would worry because 1. the economy isn’t strong enough to withstand a little global trade war or 2. perhaps Trumps need an easy target to try out his new powers of Commander in Chief.
I’m living in Europe, economy is booming, our allies/neighbors need us - I don’t think I have to fear Trumps shenanigans in the short term (apart from nuclear war though).

but that means if Pence and Bannon succeed then Trump will all think we’re on his site…

I have this image now of Trump placing nightly calls to random members of his administration and asking inane questions whenever he gets bored.

“Hey Neil, do the Justices have to wear clothes under their robes or can they go commando?”

5 Likes

How do you think people who have to sit in the White House feel?

8 Likes

Check out the 25th amendment-- which postdates Wilson.

4 Likes

Not that I’d want anyone like Pence as prez, but at least he’s less likely to be ‘controlled’ by the Kremlin.

1 Like

Amendment 25, section 4;

Whenever the Vice President and a majority of either the principal officers of the executive departments or of such other body as Congress may by law provide, transmit to the President pro tempore of the Senate and the Speaker of the House of Representatives their written declaration that the President is unable to discharge the powers and duties of his office, the Vice President shall immediately assume the powers and duties of the office as Acting President.

1 Like
2 Likes

Narcissism is also considered a social or cultural problem. It is a factor in trait theory used in various self-report inventories of personality

Narcissism as a personality trait, generally assessed with the Narcissistic Personality Inventory, is related to some types of behavior in the workplace.

1 Like

I’m going to stick to ‘The Kleptocrat’.

2 Likes

Unless he dies (possible but unlikely) he’ll serve out his term if he wants to. The Republicans will just deal with it – work around him and go about their business. No attempt at forcing him to step down will work no matter how accurate and real the reasoning.

I still contend he will not go for a second term – he’s getting too beat him. He’ll blame the unfair media and he’ll lob in other shit to blame too. He’s the victim here.

3 Likes

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 24 hours unless flagged)

the new ‘Hail to the Chief’?

8 Likes

Mod note: Play nice. No personal insults.

7 Likes