Leaks from inside Trump's White House suggest staff are alarmed by his volatile and erratic conduct

I’m putting in my marker now: it’s syphilis. Tiny worms have been eating his brain. I expect full credit upon confirmatory autopsy.

8 Likes

In all seriousness, what has to happen to get Trump a psychiatric evaluation? Can the public press for one? The Whitehouse staff? Senate? Congress? (I’m English so have no idea how it works in USA, just that Trump needs a Doctor to look over him)

4 Likes

That’s good advice, provided you feel you can comfortably wait out years or generations of other people’s suffering.

When it comes to global warming or nuclear war, or even economic turmoil, there isn’t any “outside” any more.

17 Likes

Part of me thinks that the leaks (along with Trump’s antics) are used as (if not entirely intended as) distractions. I don’t know that one scenario is “better” than the other.

3 Likes

I read that the medication he’s taking for his hair can cause problems within the brain. Though I don’t know how long he’s been taking it.

1 Like

Call your representative and demand that they impeach Trump. He is mentally unstable.

1 Like

It didn’t matter to the voters then, possibly because they are just like him. Erratic behavior that leads to violence. There’s been numerous assaults by these hardcore Trump supporters on innocent bystanders (black/Jews/gays/Muslims/etc) for months.
People with mental health issues, may not know they’re not well, nor will they be able to spot the problem in others.

2 Likes

Too soon. The GOP will squeeze as much as they can from this loon until citizens catch on and Congress sees their phony-baloney jobs as being in jeopardy.

2 Likes

It’s the whole “devil you know” thing.

We know that Pence is going to be a dick but at least we know what he’s going to be a dick about and he’s not going to change his mind on a whim.

5 Likes

Or maybe the leaks are vetted outright fabrications so the Administration can come back later just to point out how the “mainstream media lies.”

2 Likes

I think they’ve already done this to the NYT.

I think it will be interesting to see what kind of information (or lack thereof) comes from Trump’s regular physical. Remember, the physician to the president, while chosen by the president, is typically a military officer, who then commands the White House medical unit (again, a military unit).

If Trump chooses someone within the military, I would think the chances that his real health problems, physical or mental, and his use of medications (as rumored propecia and phentermine) would become publicly known would be much higher. The president’s physician typically releases a report that includes general health statistics, history, and current medications.

If he chooses to keep his current doctor (Dr. Harold Bornstein) it would be highly unusual, though I would not be surprised. I would also not be surprised if Trump refused to release his medical reports (I don’t think they’re required by law, but…?). If those things happen, I expect there will be higher levels of scrutiny and possibly some leaks, but whether that amounts to anything is another matter.

11 Likes

< puts tin foil hat on >

In all seriousness, he didn’t get to be president alone, and he has the support of some very powerful people, and its not like misogyny, outright racism or any other deplorable behaviour will make him less popular with his support base.

The question to ask then is how does this benefit him or his supporters?
That’s a hard question to answer because the textbook answer should be that riling up your opposition tends to turn their response an angry one, therefore erratic and ineffective, so maybe he’s trying to further polarize the nation in order to ensure that his base does not disappear through mere indifference?
After all, approval ratings are for suckers and ends of terms, power is what he knows and he is certainly wielding it.

But even that seems too simplistic to me, is there an endgame for all this bluster? Is all of this merely a distraction while pieces are being set up for a play nobody saw coming? We’re blind, the whole world did not consider events up to this pint even plausible and this means that we are not at all equipped to predict what’s coming next.

< Takes tin foil hat off >

5 Likes

There are a lot of signs of dementia in his behavior - the problem is, there have been for decades. (I mean, he’s always had cognitive and emotional problems, inappropriate behavior, paranoia, etc.) There may be a few more now, but it’s hard to tell.

Well, many of these people hadn’t worked with him before he got into office, for one. Even those who worked on the campaign probably didn’t see that much of him, and certainly not in this kind of context, where he had to sit down and do some work. So they may not have any sort of Trump baseline to compare it to. We’re getting more information at this point, we don’t know that anything has gotten worse since he took office - there are reasons why his kids were involved in everything he did and formed a protective barrier around him.

4 Likes

I heard he doesn’t own a bathrobe.

Wake me when they have actual footage of Trump wandering around the Ellipse in his bathrobe speaking in tongues.

Well that ain’t gonna happen – Spicer has made that clear.

Mr. Spicer told reporters traveling with Mr. Trump. “Start at the top. I don’t think the president owns a bathrobe. He definitely doesn’t wear one."

1 Like

So he’s wandering around the White House naked? Not an image I want in my head…

10 Likes

Not entirely. He’ll still have the enormous tie pointing at his junk.

9 Likes

Oh right, I forgot he’s contractually obligated to wear that at all times.

2 Likes

Way out.

1 Like