LGBTQ+ & Queer Positive News

adventure-time-romance-romantic

13 Likes

FOLLOWUP of Something weird is going on in South Dakota as GOP leaders mysteriously turn on drag-hating senator

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/creepy-new-details-emerge-about-drag-hating-senator-whose-gop-colleagues-mysteriously-turned-on-her-last-week/ar-AA16XkfH?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=d02950cbcfb2483faa45f096de9e85b9

9 Likes

That is a disturbing, but not surprising, read. The right has gone completely around the bend.

9 Likes

Yes. Adding to that is the GOP Congress’ lack of real pushback at these dangerous loons in Congress because dangerous loons form a fair chunk of their base… and they need the votes.

7 Likes

He was fired less than 24h after the homophobic comments.

9 Likes

She was the model booked for all of Power Station’s videos.

7 Likes

Cool. And if we’re going to talk about trans women in music- you have to mention the amazing Wendy Carlos.

13 Likes

We need more elected officials pushing back like this:

11 Likes

This is an older documentary about an attempt to pass an anti-LGBQT+ bill back in 2012 in Minnesota and focuses on the religious left:

I have not got to watch it yet, but Low is in it as you can see from the screenshot (RIP, Mimi! :cry:), as is Keith Ellison, among others…

5 Likes
10 Likes
8 Likes
13 Likes
9 Likes

12 Likes

I do take some exception to calling the 90’s the early drag scene. But everyone thinks they were the first.

14 Likes

I guess they just mean in Sydney? But I can’t imagine there wasn’t drag before the 90s there?

12 Likes

Yeah. Drag is as old as people.

13 Likes

Dean Norris Reaction GIF by CBS

12 Likes
10 Likes

Surely this wasn’t the first time there was a cock in a frock on a rock?

Queen Of The Desert GIF by Filmin

12 Likes