LGBTQ+ & Queer Positive News

Not sure why this is in the positive news thread? Seems like the opposite of a positive story for the LGBQT+ community…

8 Likes

First off i’ll admit this article is a mixed bag of good and bad news. Second I couldn’t find on overall bad LGBTQIA news thread, only a specific transphobia thread in that regard.

3 Likes

Gallery of just plain or trump inspired assholes?

Late stage GOP fascist events?

8 Likes

Maybe time to start one?

6 Likes

Mean Girls Movie GIF by filmeditor

For practical purposes, sure.
For our mental health, fuck…

9 Likes
6 Likes

RuPaul’s Drag Race crowned a trans woman winner for its’ 15th season finale on April 1st, and they gave a platform to the ACLU to help fight back against all the anti-queer legislation that’s being proposed/passed:

6 Likes

Among other things, DeSantis suggested he could authorize a state park, a rival amusement park, or even a state prison on the land immediately adjacent to the Walt Disney World resort complex.

I Want To Destroy Him Edward Nygma GIF by Gotham

8 Likes

He really has not figured out that he should not mess with Disney lawyers yet, has he? Well, maybe he has figured out that he is pushing a pretty much right wing organization rapidly leftward? Nope, not that either. Maybe he’s just an asshole?

Yep Reaction GIF by C H A R L Ö T T E

6 Likes

He’s trying to make up for his total lack of charisma with fascistic retaliation.

7 Likes

Putting this here because of the way Beau addresses and debunks common Xtian talking points. I’m going to keep some of his responses in mind and share this with folks using similar arguments to gain support for hateful policies and practices:

13 Likes
10 Likes
9 Likes

Nice explication of the various references in the most recent Ted Lasso episode (so, spoilers):

ETA: apparently I’m the only one posting positive news today, so I can’t post again because it would be 3 in a row:

6 Likes

Happy Lesbian Visibility Day!

8 Likes

Somewhat positive but mixed because a nonbinary teen was prevented from attending their school prom but another venue stepped up to provide a special event just for them.

Also there was this wonderful comment on the teen’s Instagram.

8 Likes
9 Likes

Oh my God something good in Texas!?

10 Likes

And of course it’s in Denton, the home of happiness!

8 Likes

Hey - I’ve been there! Couple of times. In - took care of things - back home the next day.

9 Likes