A tasty way to say “Bite me!”

10 Likes
9 Likes

from

14 Likes
13 Likes
13 Likes

When I saw this was part of a plea deal, my heart sank, but:

Federal prosecutors are recommending a sentence of life imprisonment without the possibility of parole, to be followed by a 190-year sentence of imprisonment, according to court documents filed on June 4. Prosecutors said in a Jan. 9 filing they would not be seeking the death penalty.

I feel better now. Real consequences for real terror. About time.

10 Likes
12 Likes
7 Likes

8 Likes

Gotta love it!

10 Likes

I know very well that Labour’s track record does not match this rhetoric but it was good to hear it.

3 Likes

5 Likes
8 Likes

Billionaire supports communist party is definitely sus in the first place.

8 Likes

Britain has a lot more than just one communist party. Maybe Petunia got the CPB mixed up with the CPGB-ML?

Does this mean that the Morning Star is going to stop being TERFy?

7 Likes

4 Likes

It was very rainy for Dublin Pride this year

Still had a huge crowd though, we were on the other side of the river lookign back when I took this shot, and the corporate section hadn’t made it off O’Connell street yet:

Our group at the end of the march. Normally we’d be up for hanging out at the party after but it was just too wet

And more photos here:

10 Likes
6 Likes

[The incredible success of ‘Smalltown Boy,’ the song about a young gay man who ran away from home | Culture | EL PAÍS English (elpais.com)]

4 Likes

On the Jimmy Somerville front, I was recently pointed in the direction of this documentary about gay and lesbian youth in London in the early 80s, and Somerville was one of the people who made it, back when he was sharing a flat with Steve Forrest and Larry Steinbachek. There’s a brief shot in there of him singing over a backing track, and it’s essentially the first Bronski Beat song. Steinbachek suggested they make music together after hearing it.

3 Likes