Lil Nas X trolls evangelicals with satanic panic

It will be called Narassic Park and will have little Tyrannosaurus Xs running around everywhere.

16 Likes

Probably more than just a drop if made in China.

5 Likes

“Every soul is worth saving, at least to a priest. But not every soul is worth buying. So you can take the offer as a compliment.” - William S. Burroughs

11 Likes

I appreciate how thoroughly it is being pointed out in various pearl-clutching Twitter fusillades that being distraught over a music video but silent about mass shootings ain’t very Christ-like.

10 Likes

Oh yeah, show me in the bible where Jesus says anything about mass shootings. You can’t can you?

but then again Jesus never said anything about music videos either
or about satan for that matter

He talked a lot about peace and love and feeding hungry and healing sick and helping those in need. So I guess really nothing they say or do is very Christ-like

10 Likes

I think there’s a bit in the Bible where they hang out

like they’re buddies and Satan shows up and says “Hey Jesus I wanna show you something”

and Jesus says “Yeah OK how long is this gonna take”

9 Likes

Greedy powerful assholes extract everything from the lives of the many. Making sure it’s a struggle to just get by is a nifty time-tested way to control the masses and maintain power.

3 Likes

9 Likes

I feel like you missed the opportunity to highlight that he specifically called out hateful Christian rhetoric about the LGBTQ community that led him to hate himself as a youth. He mentioned that his relationship with his father is better than ever because he’s no longer hiding. Not only is the video and promotion absolute professional level trolling, it’s helping Black Gay kids understand that they don’t have to listen to the hate.

14 Likes

FTFY.

9 Likes

nike isn’t happy.

5 Likes

I wonder if they sued over the “Jesus Shoes” mentioned in that article.

4 Likes

The swoosh is there, yes

from the comments

4 Likes

I hope those are called River Jordans

11 Likes

“Satanic Panic” is only laughable if you’re willing to ignore the very real lives that it has destroyed over the decades.

Qanon is just the latest incarnation of Satanic Panic and those freaks have already caused serious and lasting harm to our country. Just because their beliefs seem laughable doesn’t mean they can be dismissed as a joke.

8 Likes

Transmetropolitan was always ahead of us.

8 Likes

Yeah, I’m just going to stop you there. The last one of these was forty years ago, and yes, I acknowledge the lives hurt by it.

This is not then. This is now. And this is LAUGHABLE. There is no longer a moral majority in America, no longer only a handful of places we get all our news feed, no place where the Q people can dominate our world view. Social media alone ensures that people will mock this shit until it’s dead and buried, because that’s all it’s deserving of. And I’m watching in real time as this bullshit is beat back by laughter.

As long as Q folks are wasting their time with this laughable nonsense, they aren’t whipping up racist mobs to overthrow Democracy. There will always be pearl-clutching rubes, but SOCIETY has had its vaccine against this nonsense. I stand by that assessment.

1 Like

But the Satanic Panic never went away. It just turned into rap music, then video games, then Islam, then Harry Potter, then a global cabal of elite pedophiles who drink the blood of children… it’s all the same people spreading the crazy and the same people buying into it.

But you’re right. It’s better for everyone if they focus their efforts on saving souls from Satan rather than dicking around in politics, which actually affects people. Just don’t put too much faith in SOCIETY. This is one of those areas where innoculation doesn’t last forever, and each resurgence finds a way to be more absurd than the last and still hook people in.

Fair point. I am hopelessly optimistic, and endlessly disappointed.

2 Likes

Jesus fasts in the desert 40 days; Satan shows up and tempts him with worldly power. ‘Soos declines.

As @Scientist saya, not very Christ-like…