Lindsay Graham promises a National ban on abortion if the GOP wins in November

Ok, hear me out. LG is an undercover Dem who is working to ensure that the GQOP loses in November.

Nah, I don’t buy it either. He’s just an obnoxious cockwaffle who is pandering to the LCD to get votes.

2 Likes

Is it too late to abort Lindsey Graham

1 Like

So Lindsay wants abortion legal until the 15th week. Its a start. We should nail that part down without question to stop the madness in the states. Then go after the post 15 weeks exceptions, point by detailed point.

does-not-compute-robot

6 Likes

6 Likes

episode 8 bullshit GIF by RuPaul's Drag Race

Women in states that are red will STILL be subject to extreme laws that limit their rights. It says so in his bill. You can have MORE restrictive state laws, but not less restrictive state laws.

this is about controlling women and ALWAYS has been, from the very first laws passed on abortion in this infuriating country. It’s never been about “life”… so no. We don’t negotiate with terrorists.

23 Likes

Nor a replacement for the ACA, nor an infrastructure bill, two of the other cornerstones of the campaign. Like @Mindysan33 wrote, it was all about the tax cut, and other grift. Easier to steal the wall money from the military budget and grift off that than to make it official.

Exactly. But she’d say Graham assured her that he wouldn’t push for enacting a stricter ban, and she believed him. :roll_eyes:

Totally, but it’s frustrating that none of the articles link to the actual bill. In my search for recent bills sponsored by Graham including “abortion” this one is all that came up. What gives?

I wouldn’t be so sure. She also claims to be Pro-affordable higher education but came out pretty hard against the student loan forgiveness. She used to be somewhat reasonable, but she’s been toeing the party line pretty hard these past few years. @sqlrob pretty much nailed her tactic.

7 Likes

If anybody’s going to a GOP rally and gets access to the sound system somehow, I know a song you might want to play.

1 Like
5 Likes

Thanks. Looks like the registry just has a place-holder so far.

2 Likes

Do you think he actively wants them to die? I suspect it’s really that he just absolutely does not care if that happens. The idea that they are people with hopes, desires, and needs does not ever enter his mind; they are like moving rocks - not sentient, and occasionally in his way when he wants to go somewhere, but that’s the extent of it.

(I don’t understand how anyone can go through life like that, so it’s hard to figure out what his motivations are. This is sort of my best guess at the moment.)

Donald Glover Yes GIF

If slutty slut sluts can’t keep their legs closed, then they deserve to die in childbirth, as god intended. That’s how they are thinking, Graham included.

Try listening to these jackholes a little more closely. They are foaming at the mouth to kill a whole bunch of us who are not white straight cisgendered Christian men. They hate anyone not like them, and wil gladly see piles of bodies to get their preferred America…

15 Likes

Like that makes any actual difference.

Dead is dead, and Graham is a horrible fuckin’ excuse for a human being, full stop.

Whether he “means it” or not…

14 Likes

He hasn’t written shit, and is merely preening for the base… But he’d get one written and pass it if he had the chance.

Excited Lets Go GIF

But sure… “intent” matters more than “outcome” I guess… :roll_eyes: He is a white man after all, so we must give him all the benefits of all the doubts, or we’re the assholes…

12 Likes

Per the post upthread he actually does have a pdf of the proposed bill on his Senate website.

1 Like

Graham isnt even up for reelection (which would be in 2026). Starting early?

1 Like

To-may-to, to-mah-to. The problem comes down to not viewing women, PoC, LGBTQ, etc as actual humans who deserve a say in their own lives. And that this group is the fucking majority in this country!

13 Likes

I’m reading the bill. Wanted to post some choice highlights.

(16) Medical complications from dismemberment abortions include pelvic infection, incomplete abortions (retained tissue), blood clots, heavy bleeding or hemorrhage, laceration, tear, or other injury to the cervix, puncture, laceration, tear, or other injury to the uterus, injury to the bowel or bladder, depression, anxiety, substance abuse, and other emotional or psychological problems. Further, in abortions performed after 15 weeks gestation, there is a higher risk of requiring a hysterectomy, other reparative surgery, or a blood transfusion.

Because they’re so worried about the women. :roll_eyes:
From the “exceptions” section, emphasis mine:

‘‘(i) in reasonable medical judgment, the abortion is necessary to save the life of a pregnant woman whose life is endangered by a physical disorder, physical illness, or physical injury, including a life-endangering physical condition caused by or arising from the pregnancy itself, but not including psychological or emotional conditions;

So now, suddenly, the emotional harm isn’t relevant, even though in the above section, it’s specifically included in the “pro-forced-birth” argument.
Also, the word “reasonable” is doing a whole lot of work there.
And just so we’re clear:

Nothing in this section shall be construed to—
‘‘(A) create or recognize a right to abortion

Cherry on the shit sundae, from the “definitions” section:

WOMAN.—The term ‘woman’ means a female human being whether or not she has reached the age of majority.

:nauseated_face:
Ummm, no, it doesn’t.

15 Likes

Unlike some forced-birthers, I don’t think he does. But it ultimately is irrelevant whether he’s merely depravedly indifferent, or actively and murderously misogynistic: the effects of his actions matter far more than his intentions.

5 Likes

puke die GIF

11 Likes