"Live and Let Die" played for Trump during factory tour

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/05/06/listen-live-and-let-die-p.html

11 Likes

I am not sure how to read this unironically. Sir Paul’s lyrics pretty much sum up the Republican attitude to this though. If I am gonna live my billionaire lifestyle, you guys just have to die. Sucks to be you, you should have chosen to be rich, like my daddy did!

28 Likes

1_es1y9TOvJs46_WEqfin-oQ

29 Likes

Really surprised they didn’t use this song, but maybe Shel Silverstein is just way waaaaaaaaay too liberal for 'em:

2 Likes

I almost hate myself for thinking this, but the one thing that I think Trump has done, for which I am grateful (not really), is that he says out loud, and does right out front, exactly what the GOP has been hinting at for years.

1. Power and dominance is all that matters to them.
  2. They have no real principles of any kind, other than wanting more power and dominance.
  3. Wipipo are all that matter.
  4. All your monies belong to them.
  5. We live in a kakistocracy, not a meritocracy or a democracy.
32 Likes

I keep seeing liberal folks accusing the right of hypocrisy, especially with respect to abortion. This is pointless, because they don’t care.

They don’t care, but pointing out the hypocrisy can make a difference with those to whom the Xtianists and their conservative allies are trying to sell their garbage.

22 Likes

Except they are also being manipulated by outside forces.

8 Likes

this reality has to be some kind of super-alien’s weird game like the SIMS

this just cannot be real anymore if it ever was

7 Likes

This world is worse than any Bond movie.

5 Likes

“It’s hard to believe this clip is real.”

Right now it’s hard to believe anything is real.

16 Likes

If we’re picking a jazz standard for trump entry music it would have to be the Louis Armstrong classic “I’ll be glad when you’re dead, you rascal you”

11 Likes

Why do people single out Trump for not wearing a mask…when his tour guides are similarly maskless? Once Trumpologists seize on that double standard, they have license to ignore all points (not that they wouldn’t’ve anyway).

1 Like

But we in the rest of the population have to come to terms with the truth about these psy-ops, which is that they only work if people end up believing them. They may be funded and sparked by a nefarious cabal, but the people they turn out are true believers who have real impact in the world. Trump paid for people to cheer his announcement, but those paid crowds morphed over time into real supporters. Calling out the astroturf matters in an investigative sense, but they are real events.

5 Likes
2 Likes

I picked the one above because it apparently was featured in Live and let die. I had to wikipedia it, of course. Now, can someone please deepfake the coffin dance scene from that movie accordingly?

1 Like

I can see only one person in the video wearing a mask in the mask factory? Are they all nuts?

3 Likes

This. Absolutely this.

2 Likes

The big cheese has let them know that he thinks mask wearing is for weak losers. He doesn’t hand out government contracts to weak losers. They’ll probably put them back on when he’s not there to see.

3 Likes

6 Likes

If the Emperor is wearing no clothes then his court will also stop wearing clothes to fit in.

17 Likes