Live-blogging Trump's mental breakdown

4b35413ed1c4a761b081c54a89580551b186e2d0_1_390x255

20 Likes

The Donnie gets the pancakes.

4 Likes

There’s a live blog over at The Guardian. Sounds utterly batshit.

Trump rally speech - summary

Trump has wrapped up and left the stage at the rally. We’ll bring you a full report of the speech shortly, but here are a few initial reactions to Trump’s hour-long speech this evening.

• Trump made no mention of either Michael Cohen, his longtime lawyer who today pleaded guilty to eight charges including directly implicating Trump in paying “hush money” to women with whom he allegedly had affairs or Paul Manafort, the president’s former campaign chairman, was convicted on eight charges of bank and tax fraud.

• The closest Trump came was when he turned on the media pack at the rally, calling them (or what they were trying to do, it was unclear) “Fake news and the Russian witch hunt”. “Where is the collusion? They’re still looking for collusion,” he said.

• The rest of the speech was a rambling affair, taking on a variety of subjects from ESPN, Thanksgiving turkeys, Chinese tariffs, threats to impose hefty tariffs on cars exported to the European Union, his positive relationship with Kim Jong-un, the Paris Accord and social media censorship.

• Supporters at the rally were incredibly vocal, cheering Trump, booing when he mentioned an opponent or perceived enemy, and chanting “Lock her up!”, “USA! USA!” and “Built that wall!” It seems that among his base, support is undimmed despite today’s news.

If there’s any good to come of this whole debacle it’s that we know for sure who all the cretins are now. The great question of our times is what to do with them…

9 Likes

You don’t think it can get worse from here? There is no bottom to this drop my friend.

8 Likes

Exactly.

Come October we could get the full Mueller report which includes:

Russian money laundering
Campaign finance violations
A new parade of mistresses
Pictures of Trump doing coke off a hooker’s ass
Evidence tying Trump And Bill Clinton to Jeff Epstein’s human trafficking island
The pee tape

3 Likes

Too bad the Omarosa “shocking” video reveal was a total flop.

3 Likes

MRN

4 Likes

Alas, this sounds like perfect justification for declaring martial law

2 Likes

Checking the thermometer over at Breitbart. Most of the posts are defending trump, but this one jumped out at me because it’s Breitbart and yet managed almost 100 upvotes.

I’m not going to hold my breath, but this could be a sign that some contingent of far-right wingers are running out of ways to convince themselves Trump did nothing wrong.

ETA: The top rated comments from the meager Fox news coverage:

That last one nails it. Usually every Trump story on Fox is a shitshow in the comments, with warring factions jockeying for position and upvotes.

6 Likes
3 Likes

These nitwits are still chanting “Lock her up, lock her up”?

Good lord.

1 Like

I kinda wonder (hope, maybe?) whether the crowds are - at this point - just trolls, trying to goad him into more and more outlandish behaviour. It’s well known that the only thing he really likes about being prez is the fawning adulation he gets at his rallies. So, fine; give him oodles of that so he lets his guard down, trusting that he’ll then say and do dumb and dumberer stuff.

4 Likes

You give them far too much credit.

4 Likes

Furiously typing that last tweet…

Nah I think at this point Trump knows he has to remain president to stay out of jail. The next election is going to be hilarious (and sad).

2 Likes

Bless you for clicking around where I could and would not click.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.