Locals say Roy Moore was banned from the Gadsden Mall for badgering teenage girls

Badgering, he’s DOIN IT RONG.

Sounds like his hometown doesn’t really like him. Which makes sense—he’s a monster.

7 Likes

This. This right here.

2 Likes

Roger that!

6 Likes

People like that aren’t looking for love or relationships. They’re looking for some place to stick their empty manhood symbol for their own immediate gratification. It has nothing to do with love or equality and everything to do with filling the space where a soul should be. Since it isn’t possible to fill that emptiness they need to move on to another victim and try it again. That vacancy in his development goes a long way in explaining why he has been such a vicious POS all his life. He offers nothing but hate and hollow words that sound good to the people who love what he stands for, blind obedience to authority.

8 Likes

Do they have a flag outside the mall?

24 Likes

Oh, I’m sure that’s not what he wants to do either, if you catch my drift.

3 Likes

There’s another article in the New Yorker that I thought a lot more damning-- the fact that basically everyone in his law school class thought he was an idiot who didn’t seem to know or care how logic or law actually worked. The mall thing seems to be a widespread rumor with nobody able to confirm it as 100% factual (although it probably is), but the law students all clearly remember him as being a “doofus” and go on the record as such.

12 Likes

I think you both are jumping to a merely bad conclusion when there’s a drastically worse conclusion within reach: Op-Ed: Roy Moore's alleged pursuit of a young girl is the symptom of a larger problem in evangelical circles

Maybe Moore is a particularly bad predator and wasn’t looking for marriage. Maybe he was looking for a wife but in a really backwards, ugly way. Both are disgusting. The thing is, the culture that allows for the latter is covering for some number of the former and working to repress women and keep them from fully developing. The whole point of the marry-them-young culture is to limit education and put them in a long term relationship with a nasty power imbalance.

He’s defended himself by saying, “I don’t remember dating any girl without the permission of her mother.” (This was talking to Sean Hannity.) Source: Shakesville: The Latest on Roy Moore, GOP Senate Candidate and Sex Predator The money quote from that article is, “People who date age-appropriate partners don’t need their mothers’ permission.”

Finally: http://thehill.com/homenews/senate/360010-poll-37-percent-of-alabama-evangelicals-more-likely-to-vote-for-moore-after

This is bigger than just Moore, which is part of why I’m giving him the benefit of the doubt. It’s still fucking heinous with the benefit of the doubt, and allowing that means getting to talk about the social support he had in this.

10 Likes

If he ever read it, Moore would probably think The Handmaid’s Tale was a utopian how-to manual.

9 Likes

I hear these guys are available and have experience with this kind of thing…

5 Likes

29 Likes

And I thought that Moore’s Law had something to do with computer?! :wink:

1 Like

Let me guess: He graduated none the less.

3 Likes

Yeah, its not a good advert for the academic rigour of the system .

2 Likes

What do you call the guy who graduated dead last in his class at medical school?

“Doctor”

6 Likes

Interesting, but being the dumbest person in law school is a lot less damning than using your position and power* to feel up a 14 year old.

*Or even just your hands.

5 Likes

Roy Moore’s law: Your ideal bride’s age will double every 15 years.

3 Likes

OK fine, I should have said “interesting” then, but from the sound of it Moore is someone who should have flunked out of Law School and his professors did him a favor (and the world an injustice) by giving him barely passing grades. I wonder how he passed the Bar, considering I know quite intelligent people who had to take it multiple times.

1 Like

What do you call the guy who graduated last in his class at West Point?

The Goat.

What do you call the guy who graduated last in his class at the worst medical school in the country?

Doctor.
1 Like