Locals say Roy Moore was banned from the Gadsden Mall for badgering teenage girls

Bar passage rates vary dramatically by state for first-time bar takers.

The scariest part of this story is that polling puts him at maybe a 50/50 shot of winning the election. Alabama residents would rather elect a pedophile than a Democrat at this point. This is the power of propaganda.

5 Likes

I’m not American, but from what I understand of the US school system, that would make them 12 years old? Is that right?

3 Likes

Typically, somewhere between 11 and 13. Definitely a child, likely still prepubescent.

3 Likes

agree with the first part, i question the second part simply on the basis of how many of my girls get menstruation products either from me or from the nurse each month. is it possible that some girls would wear a pad to try to look older? would that really be a thing?

Good God.

@navarro: this page says that the minimum age for marriage in Texas is 14 (with parental consent). Is this a more recent, higher limit? Or does the law allow earlier marriage in the case of pregnancy (the page makes a vague reference to “extenuating circumstances”, though it’s not clear from context whether that applies to Texas)?

In any event, 14 is way too young. 11-13 is just … well, I’d have said laughably inconceivable in a developed nation, but clearly I was wrong.

2 Likes

I don’t know if that’s a thing. Back in the day, if you got your first period at school, you did your damnedest to keep it quiet. Keep a napkin in your purse if you’re of age, or quietly get one from a close friend who already got theirs. The thought of going to the nurse or (especially) a teacher was mortifying. That said, most of the girls I grew up with got it at 12 or 13.

3 Likes

There are a lot of things that aren’t talked about regarding what certain “Christian” groups think is acceptable. (Warning: link about FGM)

2 Likes

I’m going to go ahead and support concealed carry and “stand your ground” laws for all teenage girls in the vicinity of Roy Moore.

2 Likes

Extremely well played, sir.

1 Like

in the case of the community i taught in that meant a local judge who handed down a judgement in favor of a distraught mother to marry off her daughter before she was “ruined.”

menstrual modesty is a thing that comes and goes. some years the girls are so discreet that you almost couldn’t tell anyone has them, other years they almost flaunt it. i will admit that last year was the first year i had a contingent of girls ask me if i would keep a stack of pads in my drawer so they could resupply without having to go “all the way down to the nurse’s office.” by the end of the year there were around 12 girls who would grab a pad from me if they ran out at an inopportune time. this year i already have 5 girls who have grabbed one from my drawer.

it may be that i’ve been given this role by so many of the girls because i’ve been doing a 9 week health unit 4 times a year for the past couple of years that includes a chapter on reproduction and menstruation and i’ve established a rep as an adult who will present factual information in an understandable form without causing shame for anyone.

edited to add "4 times a year. . . "

6 Likes

When I was 27, I briefly flirted with a high school girl, but I realized it was creepy, and never did it again. How stupid does one have to be to keep doing it?

2 Likes

broadchurch-angry-as-me

9 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.