Long Island Trump yard shrine "just straight up uncomfortable" to look at

No wonder Spider Robinson moved Callahan’s to Key West!

3 Likes

I think if I saw someone similar enthusiasm for David Duke or Lauren Bobert or MTG, I would assume similar things. Trump is only unique in that he actually became president.

2 Likes

bebbe dey gada code n de doze

1 Like

Yeah… not some crazy cult at all…

What tells the story for me is the lock setting on the car door. Yup yup yup.

Born and raised in Dutchess County. Upstate NY is weirdly very conservative under the surface. It’s only the city that’s liberal. My neighbors would have no compunction using the n word and thinking it was fine if “they weren’t being racist”.

5 Likes

Some of those signs are on what looks like public/city property (the grassy area in front of the sidewalks). Someone from the city (maybe waste disposal) should remove those forthwith.

4 Likes

Racism is everywhere and most insidious in places where it’s thought not to exist.

6 Likes

appropriate. I mean it is garbage, after all.

4 Likes

It’s got a tie attached as well.

It’s basically legal, if they started with one that passed all the requirements (and they surely did). After that, it’s all good until the mailperson decides it’s a problem.

I tend not to trust anyone who thinks they’re not racist or bigoted at all.
We’re all products of our surroundings, and each hold views that we may not yet recognise as being racist or bigoted.
The trick is to keep an open mind and recognise these character traits in yourself as they come to light, then adjust appropriately.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.