Look at all the bored Trump fans walking out right during his speech

90 minutes?? I’m struck how all autocrats are cut from the same cloth in that way: Hitler, Hugo Chavez, Fidel Castro, Stalin, Putin. They are all notorious for public and private speaking that go on literally for hours.

Seriously. Make no mistake. They won’t listen to him, during this his molting phase. They’ll still vote for him.

4 Likes

I don’t know what video you all watched, but it was clearly the biggest political rally ever. Absolutely yuuuuge!

4 Likes

Kind of reminds me of South Parks portrayal of Trump

5 Likes

But, if they left early, they missed the best bit; “One People! One Nation! One Leader!”

3 Likes

Maybe not a play because of cultural traditions, but loads of people leave concerts before the last song to avoid the traffic. In the case of the Lorain county fairground, that is even more common. The site is a traffic nightmare for any event that has large discharge all at once. Given that the place isn’t the heart of Trump country (Lorain county went Trump but only 50.5%), most of the attendees are coming from a pretty substantial distance.

1 Like
1 Like

Trump has a reputation for leaving unpaid bills after his rallies, so I suspect he’s having trouble finding places to hold them. Like the site of Mike Lindell’s recent rally, New Richmond, WI, this was in a largely rural area that isn’t too far from more populous urban/suburban areas.

I’m speculating now, but I also wonder if the more rural venues have less in the way of security bills for Trump to stiff them on.

8 Likes

Waffle House was probably running a half-off special on their Big Stack No Jack Heart Attack super plate with Trump speech proof of purchase. It’s dinner time, ya’ll.

1 Like

Perception is everything. Fox News will run nonstop loops of adoring fans scooping up the word salad and assaulting protesters, to keep the base energized, afraid and angry. If clips like this get national exposure (hopefully beyond MSNBC) it subtly reinforces the opposite message that Fox is trying to imprint. I’m all for it, regardless of the reasons people are walking away. Heck, Kid Rock might be on Stage 3 for all we know. BTW, if this clip played on Fox you can bet someone would speculate the people walking away were antifa or BLM. Again, perception always trumps (arggh, can we reclaim that word already) reality.

5 Likes

The rallies are free (and they usually give away more tickets than they have spaces). I’m assuming they picked that spot because it was in the middle of a Trump hot spot - people come from quite a ways away to see him, and he’s most popular in rural areas, so…

I recently read something that put the Trump phenomena in context - they posited that Trump is not just not an anomaly in the Republican party, he fits right in. All Trump did was show the party how far they could take things. Some politicians are still sucking up to him because they’re not smart enough to know how to capture his popularity on their own.

But Trump fans live in their own media bubble, so this just serves to mislead people who aren’t. And ultimately, the Republican party has gone full Trump - they saw they could get away with open fascism, and that’s their thing now. Whether Trump has a political future or not is irrelevant - they’re going to continue that with or without him.

6 Likes

I guess that would have to be called a fail.

17 Likes

Guess what? We, the US tax payer, pay for his Secret Service detail.

Until he kicks it.

6 Likes

Maybe someone should develop a racist Candy Crush and see if a large portion of them just get sucked into their phones.

It feels like if the right shiny thing was dangled then they would all follow even if it led to some weird limbo.

1 Like

If Trump could find a way to stiff the Secret Service I’m sure he’d do it. They’re getting paid regardless of whether or not Trump does rallies, though.

3 Likes

Zooey Deschanel Please GIF by New Girl

5 Likes

Flip on whether this means historians are getting bored with or more interested in Trump.

4 Likes

Well, he does force them to stay at his properties, renting rooms and golf carts at non-discounted rates, so even though they’re getting paid, which they should, he’s stiffing the rest of us.
And I think that’s pretty standard for all his rally BS. It’s not like those cops didn’t get paid, usually the municipality paid them and just never got reimbursed. I’m not so sure about the transportation services where people have to park miles away and get bussed in to allow for being stranded in the freezing cold for hours. So much winning.

7 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.